Chapter 24

*This is the last chapter

*Eun Sang's POV*

"What?" He looked at me, eyes widened.

"We shouldn't be together anymore." I repeated clearly, standing up from the table.

He grabbed my right wrist that was on the table, "What do you mean? Are you serious?"

Meeting his eyes, I pushed off his grip that was beginning to tighten on my skin, "Outside."

I grabbed my stuff and left the cafe through the glass doors onto the streets that had the occasional passerby.

"Eun Sang, talk to me, what do you mean we shouldn't be together anymore? We can work this out, it was a moment of folly—,"

I raised my hand up to stop him, "I've filed for a divorce. The time apart has given me space to think," I paused to let out an inaudible sigh. "From the moment you decided to go with that woman and leaving me alone to the point of time when you return and things still remained unchanged, till right now. I had lots of time to think." I told him, he opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off again.

"Do you have any idea how many times I've been told that maybe we should split instead? From before our marriage, during the time when I saw you and that woman on the streets, during the time someone saw her go to your office, during the time when I considered for a split second that we're not going to be together forever like our wedding vows because you were rushing off to another country for that woman. During the time," I bit my bottom lip to prevent it from trembling.

I took a deep breath, exhaling through my nose as I spoke the next line, "During the time, I was vulnerable and the woman was the one who answered your phone and cost the life of an innocent child due to our stupid actions. We're no longer teenagers where you could just promise me everything, the world, the stars and the moon and give them to me. The moment you promised to be mine and broke that off, leaving so much distrust and unhappiness, nothing was ever the same again."

"Unspoken promises were broken. You said she threatened you for that one night, why couldn't you just talk to me? Sure, I would've been mad!" I threw my arms up in emphasis, my voice was increasing in volume with every sentence.

He tried to talk but I wouldn't let him. Anger, frustration, all those feelings were rushing back to me as memories flooded my mind.

"I would've been mad for sure! You slept with another girl that wasn't me! But you decided to continue playing around with her until you've had your fun!"

"Let me tell you something, we wouldn't have ended up here today, on the streets talking about our relationship because I would've helped you after the first time! We could've figured that out together as Husband and Wife!" I didn't even realised I was shouting at this point of time, attracting attention of people across the street.

He didn't say a word in reply. I wasn't sure if it was because he had nothing to say or if he didn't know what to say.

"Maybe," I paused, "Maybe when you realised what exactly went wrong, maybe then, we can try. But right now, I think it's the best for you and I to get a divorce." I was about to leave when I stopped, "Did you ever stop to think if you still love me?" I asked.

Silence.

Biting back a sob, I begun walking back to the hospital where my car was. I held back the tears until I was finally in the car.