Chapter 8

*Eun Sang's POV*
I could hear hushed voices as I laid on a bed.

Where am I?

I pry open my eyes before closing them quickly due to the lights above in the ceiling.

"She's awake," I heard someone say, coming next to me.

I opened my eyes again, blinking rapidly to clear my vision. Doctor Park, one of the gynaecologists in the hospital, was standing by the side of the bed.

"Doctor Cha, you're awake!" Nurse Im said gratefully.

I tried to get up but she stopped me, "You shouldn't move yet," She pushed me back down lightly.

I frowned in confusion, "What happened?" My voice came out as a rasp.

She hurriedly took a glass of water and passed it to me.

Doctor Park answered for her, "You overworked yourself," She said. "You should've taken proper care of yourself now that there's two of you,"

What?

"Is she awake yet?" A familiar voice said from the door.

I looked over to see Young Do enter, his eyes landed on me immediately.

"Cha Eun Sang, are you okay?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to get up again. I declined Nurse Im's intention to stop me and sat right up. "Could someone explain to me what had happened?" I said in plain frustration.

Young Do gave me a concerned look, "You don't know?" He then turned to the other two who were wide-eyed.

"Know what? What should I know?" I asked, annoyance clear in my tone.

They all looked at each other, seemingly to push the responsibility of who was to tell me what.

Doctor Park cleared her throat, hesitating a little before speaking, "You're... Doctor Cha, you're expecting."

"I'm... " I paused, "I'm what?" My mind went blank, not comprehending what she had just said.

"You're pregnant," She repeated. 

You're pregnant. It echoed in my head.

"We'll leave her with you, Mr Choi." Doctor Park said, Nurse Im looking at me worriedly before she trailed behind Doctor Park out of the ward.

Pregnant... I caress a hand over my belly, there's a life in here...

*Three Weeks Ago*
"You're hurting me, let go!" I twisted my hand, trying to get out of his grip, "Why are you being like this!"

I pulled my wrist out of his hand, staring at him in pure shock.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, shutting his eyes close, taking in huge breaths.

"I just don't like that you're with him." He said.

I moved past him, mumbling under my breath, "I'll go reheat the food."

He pulled me back, wrapping his arms around me.

Hesitantly, I brought my arms up, slowly doing the same.