Chapter 22

*Author's Note*
And I'm back with the normal POV. I'm experimenting with this book while writing other drafts. So please do forgive me.

*Eun Sang's POV*
"I need the medical records of Patient Im Ka En, can someone send it to my office please?" I say into the phone, placing one of the many documents in my hand onto the paper tray at the very corner of my table.

"Yes, Doctor Cha, I'll be right there with it!" One of the new interns responded quickly, it was no doubt she was the talk of the Cardiology Department. Quite the bubbly personality with the attitude of getting things done immediately.

I placed down the phone and sorted out the other files on my table, I'd returned to work three weeks ago and has most certainly gotten back in the work momentum. After a week of recuperating in the hotel, Eomma's demand that I stayed, otherwise I would've return even earlier. With my broken bones recovering just fine, I'm allowed to do lightweight duty, basically consultation only with two Nurses assisting me. No surgeries or operations are scheduled for me till another six months as per the hospital's policy.

"Doctor Cha? I've brought the medical records," A head of light brown hair popped in, a sweet smile on her face. Ji Ni, is her name, the bubbly intern with a sweet personality. Her petite figure walked into my office when I told her she could come in.

I take the yellow file from her hands, thanking her for her effort to bring it to my office.

It's been a month after I was discharged and I was given the green light to work again, with the condition that I only do consultations. Surgeries and operations are out of the question for now, but being back at work made me feel less helpless than I was when Eomma and Young Do were basically stopping me from doing anything.

Around 5pm, it was time for my shift to end when I received a phone call from an unfamiliar number.

"Eun Sang?" A male voice traveled across the phone.

"Yes, may I ask who is this?" I questioned, picking up my handbag after I placed down my white coat.

I heard the caller clear his throat slightly, "Cha Sung Ho, your Father."

I paused in my actions, stopping in my tracks towards the door. "I think you've got the wrong number, I don't have a Father. I was told he died"

"I know why you're saying that, I'm sure your Mother explained some of it. Meet me and I'll explain everything."

"After abandoning us for so many years, you think you can just talk to us as if nothing happen?" I said that yet in my head, I wanted to know. How could he abandon his two daughters and handicapped wife, how could he?

He sighed, "I'll explain everything. I've sent a chauffeur to your workplace, he'll take you to me. We can talk then. Your sister is here too."

I frowned, "Eonnie is there?" After taking all of Eomma's hard earned money, she's back and with the Father we never saw?

"Yes, she-," I didn't let him continue, ending the call immediately.

-------

Sure enough, the moment I stepped out of the building, a sleek black car with a man dressed in a smart suit, hands gloved, he bowed when he saw me. "Miss Cha, please get in the car, your Father has sent me to get you." He said politely.

"He's not my Father." I responded coldly, getting in the car as he closed the door behind me. I needed answers, not just from him, but from that sorry excuse of a sister I had.

We reached a mansion after an hour of driving, it was huge but I wasn't surprised. I've read about this man before I was told he was my Father. A successful business man.