Chapter 20

Time ticked, constantly moving while only Kim Tan and Young Do were left waiting outside the intensive care unit. Kim Won had to leave for a business trip he couldn't postpone, Hyo Shin had work to attend to and could only return to visit afterwards. The two mothers had gone home after a day of watching over Eun Sang who was unconscious after Kim Tan persuaded them to do so despite receiving the dirty eye from Eun Sang's Mother, and his Father-in-law who received news from his ex-Wife.

He wanted to see his youngest Daughter again but not in this situation. He had went to the bathroom and would return later, next to Young Do, watching his unconscious Daughter lie there.

There she laid, Eun Sang's limp body was on the bed, a bandage around her head, left arm and leg in a cast due to broken bones. There was a gauze covering a bad wound on her right cheek, minor scratches over her other limbs that were caused by the shattered glass and broken metal. For sure there were more of where those came from underneath the hospital gown. Dark purple bruises, stitches from the surgery, cuts from the accident itself.

To put it shortly, she wasn't in the best of conditions.

The only good thing was, she could be transferred to the private ward after that night if her condition remained stable.

All that's left is to wait.

While everyone is looking at her behind the glass that was separating them from her, Eun Sang was in a state of dream of her own.

It was dark. Everything was dark and she couldn't see a single thing. She brought up her hands and could not make out the shape of her fingers.

Where am I?

It seemed empty. The place that is. It was quiet. Eun Sang stretched out her hands in front of her as a guide while she took steps forward, trying to figure out if this was a room she was in, where is the exit.

Walking aimlessly for a few minutes, her hands finally touched what seemed like a wall. It was cold to the touch. Despite that, she went along the walls, hoping that maybe, she'll find a door to leave this dark place.

Her hands felt the cold walls and a protruding object caught her attention. The object was no doubt a handle.

Was that the exit?

She pushed down on it quickly, pushing it outwards. A bright light lit up instantly from behind that door, making her squint in discomfort from the sudden change.

She had entered another room, but unlike the previous one she was in, this room was painted white, as though it was recently drowned in a fresh bucket of paint. On the floor, there was a play mat that was for kids with it's kiddish designs of bears and cats thrown on it in different colours. A few coloured blocks was on the mat in a disordered manner, she wondered if there was someone who came in before her. There were also a few more toys like cars and dolls, balls of all colours sitting in a box. To the right, there was a crib where a young baby is seen sitting happily.

Eun Sang's heart melted at the sight. The baby was sitting up, babbling words of innocence. The colour of the onesie the baby wore gave no clue as to its gender. Not bothered by that fact, she walked to the crib, bending over to pick up the little one.

"Hi there, you're adorable," She giggled to herself, bringing the baby to her chest so she could hugged it. "You're warm." She whispers, the baby babbled happily when she pulled away, the small arms reaching out to her.

Eun Sang chuckled, she looked around although there wasn't any need, she and the baby were the only ones present in this room.

"Where's your Mother?" She asked, placing the baby on the ground so she could play with the young child. The small creature crawled to the toy blocks and started playing with them.