Chapter 23

*Author's Note*
NOT EDITED. NOT PROOFREAD.

-Smiles: )

*Eun Sang's POV*
The sound of passing cars filled the silent balcony as I sat on the chair, holding a cup of hot tea.

I took a sip, feeling the warm liquid reach my stomach.

"If you're not happy with the man you love anymore, even if it hurts, you leave. Because it'll only hurt more to stay."

Her words echoed in my head.

Do I just do that? Leave? Break everything off as if those years I've spent with him meant nothing?

Yes. A silent voice said at the back of my mind.

I placed the mug on the table next to me, closing my eyes as I leaned back into the chair. "Enjoying the breeze?"

My eyes popped open, seeing Young Do standing right behind me.

"How did you get in?" No one could've opened the door for him unless it was Eomma but she is currently asleep. The time now being 1am in the morning.

He rolled his eyes, "Are you serious? No 'Oh welcome back!'? Just, 'how did you get in'? That's rude."

I shrugged in response, pulling the heated blanket I had brought out with me closer to my chest. Fall had came early this year.

Ignoring my question, he threw himself on the empty chair to my left, the table separating us both. "How's the room?" He nudged his head towards the opened glass door.

"It's nice."

"Really? The room that costs USD5, 840, is just nice?" He scoffed, "And you're staying here for free." He emphasised, causing me to laugh.

"Pretty much." I answered, a cheeky smile on my face, "You have nicer suites than this, so I'm comparing this to those." It was true, our suite was spacious with a kitchen for simple home dishes, a living room big enough for a party of ten, two bedrooms with attached bathrooms. But I knew he had better suites with a fitness room and Swimming pool. Though I am happy he didn't insist on those, I was sure he wanted to offer, even this suite I previously wanted to decline yet he insisted.

"Do you want to switch to those? I can make arrangements and kick out the current occupants which is the CEO of some huge company I work with..." he asked in a serious tone that it was hard to see if he was joking.

I sat up immediately, "Yah. Don't even think about it, you crazy bastard."

He laughed, "I'm joking, you should've seen your face!"

I rolled my eyes at him but the smile on my lips betrayed me. I stared out at the night view that I've been looking at the whole time, tall buildings lit up in different places and in different colours, causing the city to look as though a thousand stars have landed on them.

I bit my lip, "Do you know any good attorney?" I asked, not turning in his direction to see his reaction.

"A few," Young Do paused, "Finally made a decision?"

I shrugged once more, "I don't even know. Do I break it off and forget about the times we spent together? Do I stay and continue this game of Silent Marriage?" I picked up my Mug and sipped on it, the tea having cooled down from sitting out in the cold.