4

When we pull up to Justin's house, he opens the car door for me and carries my bags. "The paparazzi are right behind us, so if you can hurry that'd be great," he says, and I give him a look. Damn. Why does he have to be a pest?

I take his hand and we jog to his door. Once we close the door, Justin sets my stuff on the floor. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened before the show, it seemed like I wanted to sleep with you, and i'm sorry, but please know that I wouldn't use you like that," he says, taking my hands.

"I should be apologizing. I should've trusted you. By the way, your not a manwhore," I say with a giggle, and he smiles and pulls me in a little more, our noses brushing against eachothers. His brown eyes looking into my blue eyes, and right when we're about to kiss, his phone rings. He looks at me for a minute more, and then walks towards his phone. 

"Hello?" he asks, sounding a little grumpy. 

There's a pause, someone else on the other line must be talking.

"Why are you calling? Sure, you know, I was into you then.. but I'm not anymore. I spent all this time chasing you, but it's not worth it," he says, sitting on the couch. It must be Selena, right? Who else would it be? 

"I'm busy right now, I have someone over," he says.

"That doesn't really concern you anymore, bye," he replies, and hangs up. 

I stare at him, concerned. "It was selena," he says after a few minutes, and tosses his phone to the other side of the table. "Oh," I say awkwardly. I mean, what else is there to say? "Sorry, do you want toast? Im guessing you didn't have breakfast," he says, standing up, and I nod. "Yeah, please, that'd be great," I stammer, and he nods and disapears into the kitchen.

Why am I nervous all of a sudden? I mean, we were going to kiss, maybe thats why? We were going to kiss, right? That's what it was? Maybe i'm just reading this whole thing wrong. How can I read that wrong, though? 

I start to smell toast so I walk into the kitchen and find Justin taking the toast out just now. "Perfect timing," he says with a faint smirk, and spreads butter and jam on my toast. "Thanks, you didn't have to make me anything," I say with a smile and he shrugs. "I wanted to."