CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 39

"You can't be serious," Jaime glared at Draco and Theodore, "Your NEWTs are what a month a way now and you two haven't even started reviewing your notes?"
Jaime dumped another book on to Draco's stack of books he wa carrying.

"Why are you at nagging me?" Theodore asked, "Draco's the one who needs the nagging, he's practically dead in Charms and Transfiguration!"

"And you're not in Potions and Alchemy?" Draco glared at Theodore.

Jaime groaned as she reached for another book about Transfiguration and dumped in on Draco, she faced the two Slytherins again, "Plus, you two still haven't cast a Patronus Charm yet."

"I already cast a Patronus Charm, Jaime." Theodore said, but Jaime ignored him when she dumped book about Patronuses on to Theodore's hands.

"A shield can protect you, Theodore," Jaime faced them again, "But not strong enough to have a passing grade!"

"At least, I have shield, what about Draco? He can't even make one, and NEWTs are in a month!" Theodore tried to make a point, just to stop Jaime of her nagging.

"We're working on it." Jaime said, she turned to Draco and gave him a small smile.

"A month's not enough." Theodore said.

"It is." Jaime said, then added another book about Charms to Theodore's hand. Jaime finally finished getting their needed books for their study, and the three headed to a table. Draco and Theodore placed their books on the table and sat down; Theodore sat across Draco, while Draco sat beside Jaime. Theodore rolled his eyes when the couple sat next to each other, they were still a thing, and Theodore already knew that the 'thing' will finally be a 'girlfriend-boyfriend-thing' in the near future.

"What do we start?" Theodore asked.

"The common subject you two need," Jaime pulled the book about Patronuses. Draco and Theodore groaned when Jaime flipped the pages and started her lesson. After Jaime tutored them about Defense Against the Dark Arts, she tutored Theodore about Potions and Alchemy, with Draco's help; and then Jaime and Theodore helped Draco with his Transfiguration and Charms. To Draco's surprise, Jaime was excellent in Transfiguration, especially when she was explaining about how a Wizard becomes an Animagus. After their lesson and returning their borrowed books, Jaime, Draco and Theodore went to the Great Hall for lunch. Just at the trio entered the Great Hall, they were blocked by Hermoine and Ginny.

"Jaime, can we talk?" Hermoine asked.

Jaime frowned but then nods. Hermoine sighed in relief, she's been trying to talk to Jaime for the past two weeks since Harry left, but didn't actually had the right words to say to her. When Draco and Theodore sensed that it was something personal, Draco excused them to go to the Slytherin table, but Ginny stopped them.

"Wait, this concerns you too." Ginny said.

Hermoine lead them all to the girl's bathroom to talk, Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

Hermoine bit her lip, then spoke, "We're really sorry, Jaime. We never really wanted to be part of that little bet..."

"I just want to know why you guys did it, why did Seamus even agreed to it?" Jaime said.

"We asked him that, but he never told us the truth." Ginny said, "He keeps making excuses... Dean also tried getting the truth from him... but I heard from Moaning Myrtle—"

"What's got Moaning Myrtle got to do with this?" Jaime asked, confused.

"Yes, what does this silly love triangle got to do with me?" Moaning Myrtle voice rang in the bathroom. The three Gryffindors and two Slytherins turned and saw Moaning Myrtle sitting – floating on the window.