CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29

"Ms. Potter, let us see your progress." McGonagall watched as Jaime stood in the middle of the room. It was already their tenth weekend in their lessons and McGonagall could see her improvement. Jaime took a breath and pictured her Animagus form, just as Jaime's face formed to her Animagus, and her lower body turned, it stopped – right in the middle of the process.

"I see you still need some more work." McGonagall said, she got out her wand and pointed it at Jaime, she did a spell to return Jaime to her human form. Jaime sighed in relief as shel felt  her face. "We shall continue this coming weekend, Ms. Potter."

"Thank you Professor." Jaime said, McGonagall waved goodbye at Jaime and lets her leave her office. Jaime ran out of the office, and went to the Gyrffindor common room to meet with Ginny and Hermoine. As Jaime entered the Gryffindor common room, Jaime saw Ginny pacing while biting her nails, Jaime sat next to Hermoine and asked, "What's wrong with Ginny?"

"Peter Hall's in the hospital wing." Hermoine said.

"What? Why, what happened?"

"Defense Against the Dark Arts accident – Peter got shot by a Confringo spell – Challis was worried, brought him to the hospital wing – Madame Ponfrey said that he's going to be transferred to St. Mungos." Hermoine explained.

"And it's our match with Slytherin in two months!" Ginny said.

"And seventh years have their NEWTs – so, I won't be surprised if Dean skips the match to prepare for our NEWTs."

"Oh, I almost forgot about that – your NEWTs..." Jaime muttered.

Ginny groaned, "I don't know what I'm going to do! I can't find some one good to fit Peter's spot!"

Jaime sighed, she then turned to wrist watch – it was already four and Jaime was still going to meet Draco and Theodore for their special sessions, "I know you that you're worried and all Ginny, but I'm sure you can find a good replacement for Peter." Jaime got up from her seat and walked towards the entrance.

"Where are you going?" Ginny asked.

"I'm needed somewhere, sorry... good luck looking for someone!" Jaime left the Gryffindor common room, leaving Ginny and Hermoine.

"Where do you think she's going?" Ginny asked as she sat beside Hermoine, "She's been very 'busy' these past few days – I mean, sneaking out after curfew, disappearing all of a sudden, it's really getting on my nerves."

Hermoine's brows furrowed when she heard about Jaime sneaking out after curfew, "She's sneaking out after curfew? Why?"

"I don't know – I just find her in bed every time I wake up, but I know that she leaves after she thinks everyones asleep."

Hermoine then thought of a possible reason for Jaime's surprising acts, but all she could think of was the thought of Malfoy and Jaime – Hermoine would always see Jaime with Draco whever she goes, at the library, the corridors, even during free periods! A sudden thought came across Hermoine, "I think I know where she's going..."

"You do?" Ginny asked, uninterested – she still figuring out how she's going to find a replacement for Peter Hall.

"Come on," Hermoine got up from her seat and went to the entrance, she turned to Ginny and saw her still sitting on the couch, she groaned, "Come on Ginny!"
Ginny groaned and followed Hermoine. The two Gryffindors walked the corridors, Ginny then woke when she saw the familiar route they were taking, "Why are we going to the Room of Requirement?"

"Shh..." Hermoine shushed her. The two Gryffindors poke their heads out of the wall and saw the giant doors of the room open, and heard Theodore's familiar voice, "How are we going to try producing a Patronus again – I mean how do you know it works?"

Jaime spoke after Theodore, "I already told you, Theodore, as long as you get to..." the doors of the room closed, Hermoine sighed.

"So this is where she runs off to?" Ginny said, "To the Room of Requirement to teach Nott –"

"And Malfoy... but why are they asking her for help with their Patronuses?"

Jaime sighed as Theodore kept on worrying of the possible aftermath if they even tried casting a Patronus.

"You know you're nagging isn't helping, you know?" Draco sighed, he was getting a bit irritated by Theodore's worry.

"Thank you, Draco." Jaime sighed, Theodore glared at Draco and Jaime – they were teaming up against him, again!

"You know, I could see that you both often team up against me – what is this? A couple thing now?" Theodore raised his brow. Jaime blushed at what Theodore said.

"We're not a couple." Jaime muttered, "Now shut it and listen."

Draco sighed, Thedore saw his friend's sudden disappointment and just crossed his arms over his chest. Jaime got out her wand and said, "I've seen you both able to controll your magic and I think – I know that there is nothing to worry about right now... just try to – just try, okay?" Jaime saw a slight fear in Theodore and Draco's eyes, so she thought of giving them a small domonstration on how to cast a Patronus.

"Expecto Patronum..." Jaime waved her wand in a circular motion and silver wisp came out of the end of her wand and then a doe formed from the silver wisp. The doe stood beside Jaime and kissed its nose at Jaime's cheek, then it went to Theodore and Draco.

"A Patronus is created from happy memories... the happy the memory is the stronger the Patronus is..." Jaime said, she smiled then her Patronus disappeared, "Have full concentration and the Patronus will have its physical form longer..."  Jaime turned to Draco and Theodore, "You try – close your eyes and think of a happy memory, choose the happiest memory you got."

Draco and Theodore closed their eyes. Draco sighed and thought of a happy memory, he had so little, and was not sure if it was powerful enough to cast a Patronus, but maybe he shouldn't find that powerful of a memory – what if it goes wrong and his Patronus attacked him? Draco was in doubt.

"You got your memory?" Jaime asked, "Now say the incantation: Expecto Patronum."

Theodore opened his eyes and waved his wand, "Expecto Patronum." Unfortunatley nothing happened, not even a silver wisp or a a shield was created. Jaime saw the disappointed look on Theodore and gave him an encouraging smile, she turned to Draco and saw him in deep thought. Draco then got out his wand and said the incantation, "Expecto Patronum..."
Nothing.

"What's wrong? We can't even even create a simple shield!" Theodore sighed.

"You can't always get it in your first try!" Jaime said, she wasn't giving up on them, "Just try again – it isn't a simple process, it took us days – in the DA – to even create a full body Patronus."

"Yeah, but Potter was able to do it in one go." Draco muttered. Jaime turned to Draco and saw the disappointed look on his face. "It took Harry a couple of tries to even cast a Patronus," Jaime lectured, "I may not be there when he was able to cast his first Patronus – I just found out that he did after he saved Sirius from the Dementors five years ago – Harry was able to cast the Patronus when he was in great need of it."

"Are you suggesting we go to Azkaban and try to intimidate some Dementors – so we can just cast a bloody Patronus?" Theodore turned to Jaime with his brow raised at her.
Draco chuckled at Theodore's 'suggestion', Jaime turned to Draco, who was not laughing, and smiled, she then chuckled. Theodore smiled and shook his head, "You both are mental, you know that?"