CHAPTER 37

CHAPTER 37

It was Harry's last day in detention, meaning he'll be free to go back to his Auror training, and try to catch up with the lessons he missed, hopefully Ron could help him out. Tonight, he and Draco were asked to tidy up the library, since some students left their books at the tables and didn't bother to return them, at first, Harry thought it would be a piece of cake, since most of the students always return their books, but when he and Draco got in the library, their smiles fell at the sight of books on the table.

"Ah, Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy, good to see you." Madame. Pince greeted, "I was informed by the Headmistress about your detention and thought of giving you a bit of a challenge – same rules apply. NO MAGIC."

Madame Pince then left the boys to their work and went to her desk to finish some papers. Harry and Draco sighed at the sight of the stack of books, how were they to finish this before sunrise.
Harry took a breathe and started, he went to the table to sort the books by their class before he would return them to their shelves.

"You don't expect me to do all the work, right?" Harry glared at Draco.

Draco nodded and went to help Harry, he followed Harry's actions and sorted the books; it was a awkward and heated silence between them, awkward since the two never really had engaged themselves on having a normal conversation or that they never really liked each other's company; heated since both boys knew that they have things to settle, especially since Draco and Jaime are already a thing (they didn't know what to call them, so Jaime calls them 'thing').
Harry glanced at Draco as he sort the books, Draco didn't even took a glance at Harry, he didn't want to meet with Harry's glare, but Harry's stare didn't help. Draco sighed and turned to Harry.

"What is it, Potter?" Draco sighed.

"Nothing." Harry said grimly and went on with sorting the books. Draco knew that Harry was keeping something, so he pushed on with the question.

"Really, what is it, Potter?"

Harry sighed, "Mind telling me what's going on between you and Jaime? I heard from Ginny and Hermoine that you two are really close now."

"Problem?" Draco reverted his gaze to the books again, avoiding Harry.

"My sister's dating a Malfoy."

Draco didn't take the comment lightly, "You're being a prejudice, Potter." Draco glared at Harry.

"I think you know why I am, Malfoy." Harry said.

"I don't expect that you forgive me or my family for what we did – I didn't even expect Jaime to even let me in after what we did to her! But she did..." Draco took a breath, "I know that the way you see me and my family will never change, but at least try to be civil for Jaime."

"I'm not even sure if you're taking her seriously." Harry sneered; he took a stack of books then went to a shelf to return them. Draco took a stack of books, with the same section as Harry's and followed him.

"I am taking her seriously." Draco said as he used magic to return the book (Mrs. Pince wasn't even there to look after them), Harry scoffed as he let the book float up and return to its place at the shelf, "You're just guilty, Malfoy... you never had any interest in Jaime -- even when she started in Hogwarts – why start now?"

"That was before – things change."

"And you expect me to believe that you changed after a year?" Harry turned to Draco with a glare.

"A lot has happened, Potter, and you know it." Draco breathed. The two teens then returned to the table and got another stack of books (with the same section) for them to return.

"Don't you think that that feeling you're feeling for Jaime right now is just guilt, you're just paying off the guilt by giving her something she's never felt before?" Harry won't let go of his little theory why Draco suddenly had an interest on Jaime.

"Would you let it go!" Draco took Harry by the shoulder, "Listen, it's not guilt that I'm feeling!"

"Then why just now?" Harry shrugged Draco's hand off of him and went back on returning the books.

Draco paused for a moment, he thought about what Harry said, he tried to remember at least one memory that he had any – even a slight – interest in Jaime. Luckily he had, not just one but actually a few in mind.

"What does take for me – to let you see that I'm not the person I was? That I would never hurt Jaime."

"Why?" Harry asked at the last part of what Draco said.

"She's everything to me now, and I can't imagine a day without seeing her smile – and I want to be the person who would make her smile."

Harry didn't reply, nor did he give a comment to what Draco said. He just stared at the books before him. Draco saw that Harry was in thought, and would probably be planning of how to make sure that Jaime was at least a two feet away from Draco, but what Harry said next didn't sound like a threat, but it made Draco confused.

"She prefers sunflowers than roses"

Draco's brows furrowed in confusion, "What?"

"Jaime – she prefers sunflowers than roses, even though her second name is named after the rose itself."

Draco then smiled when he realized what Harry was doing, he was giving Draco a chance, a chance to be with Jaime. Draco shook his head and returned the book to the shelf, "I should've given her a bouquet of sunflowers when we went to Slughorn's party then – I'm sure she would like that more."

After a few more hours of giving some of Jaime's interests, and returning of books, Harry and Draco were able to finish their task before eleven in the evening. Madame Pince saw the clean library and lets the two boys go and return to their dormitories. Harry and Draco didn't exchange goodbyes, but a nod before they went to their Houses. As Harry entered the Gryffindor tower, he was surprised to see the fireplace still lit. Harry walked in the common room and found Jaime sitting on the sofa, where he slept for the past weeks.

"Why are you still awake?" Harry asked.

"Waiting for you." Jaime said, "Harry, I know it sounds a bit childish..."

"What is it?" Harry sat beside Jaime.

"Can I sleep here with you?" Jaime asked.

"Sure!" Harry said, "here you can take the couch... I'll just sleep at the other couch, you have a blanket with you?"

"I have." Jaime smiled.

Harry lay down on the couch across Jaime's. The siblings stared at each other in silence for a while, then Jaime spoke, "Hey Harry, do you remember our little cupboard in Privet Drive, our old room?"

"Yeah." Harry smiled at the memory, "We would sleep in one bed then – you would always snuggle close to me since the bed was small."

Jaime laughed lightly at the memory, "Yeah... hey Harry?"

"Yes?"

"How are the Dursleys now? Do you think they're back in their house in Privet Drive? How do you think is Dudley now?"

"I'm sure they're back... but I don't think they miss us..." Harry muttered.

"I guess you're right... Hey Harry, I'm sorry..."

"For what?"

"For not being completely honest with you..."

"It's alright... I know now that you had a reason for hiding it from me... just promise me that if Malfoy does anything to you , you'll tell me, alright?"

"Why?" Jaime chuckled.

"So I would hex him if he did."

"Just like any brother would..."