CHAPTER 26

CHAPTER 26

Jaime, Ginny and Hermoine returned to Hogwarts a week before class started, they wanted to finish some homework she left before the holidays.
Jaime sat on the table with Hermoine and Ginny in the library, they all had stacks of books on the table and four rolls of parchment each. Hermoine needs to finish her essay on Ancient Runes (a two parchment essay), her Defense Against the Dark Arts essay about Dark Magic and Herbology. Ginny was still starting her Potions essay, and waiting for her was her Herbology, Transfiguration and Charms homework. Jaime was done with her Potions homework and was starting her Transfiguration essay, since she did her Charms essay during the holidays, her work load lessened, but she still has Alchemy homework.

"Done!" Hermoine said, closing her books.

"What?" Ginny said.

"Me too, well sort of." Jaime said, "Still need Alchemy sorted out."

Ginny groaned, "Hermoine, help me with this?"

"Sure, what is it?"

Jaime started collecting the books she took and used a levitation spell to carry them back to the shelves, "I'm just going to return these." Jaime said as she gathered her parchments and ink and quill and placed them in her book bag, the one that Bill and Charlie gave her.

"Sure," Ginny said as she and Hermoine read a book about Animagi. Jaime went back to the shelves she borrowed the books from and returned them one by one, while returning them, she was finding a book for her Alchemy homework.

"I see you're back really early."

Jaime turned and saw Draco, Jaime smiled when she saw him, "Draco, it's good to see you!"

"Good to see you too, Jaime." Draco said.

"When did you get here?" Jaime asked, her joy of seeing Draco was still seen.

"Just this morning – I was looking for you, I went to the Gryffindor common room, but you weren't there, so I checked here and you are – I see you're wearing the gift I gave you."

Jaime blushed, "Yeah, I am – it's really beautiful Draco, thank you."

"I really liked your gift as well. And as well as this," Draco fished something out of his pocket, it was a silver ferret trinket, "Really funny." Draco sarcastically said.

Jaime chuckled, "It reminded me of you!"

Draco laughed and shook his head, he hid his little ferret trinket in his pocket, "So, tell me, have you done Kirkwood's homework?" Draco asked.

"Still going to do it..." Jaime sighed, "Did you do it?"

"Yeah, before the holidays – need some help with yours?"

"Is it alright? Are you doing something?"

"I'm free – so, our session starts again." Draco smiled.

Hermoine and Ginny finished Ginny's homework. Ginny groaned after she finished all of her essays, "I don't believe it – I'm done!" Hermoine didn't listen to Ginny, she was looking for Jaime.

"Where's Jaime?" Hermoine asked.

"She didn't come back?" Ginny asked.

"No."

Hermoine and Ginny collected their things and the books they borrowed, they were returning the books they borrowed as well as looking for Jaime. While Ginny was returning her books, she heard the Jaime. Ginny's brows furrowed, the sound was at the other side of the shelf, Ginny peaked at the behind of the shelf and to her surprise, she saw Jaime with Draco, she was laughing and was really close to Draco. Hermoine went beside Ginny and saw the sight of Jaime and Draco.

"You're done." Draco said.

"Thank you, Draco." Jaime said, Hermoine and Ginny stayed at their spot and listened to their conversation. Jaime and Draco got up and started to return their books.
Draco stood beside Jaime, he was the one carrying the books and Jaime was the one retuning it to the shelves.

"How was your holiday?" Jaime asked.

"Gloomy." Draco said.

"Oh."

"How about yours?"

"Eventful." Jaime sighed.

"Doesn't sound like it." Draco chuckled, he handed another book to Jaime.

"It was!"

"Your brother – what did he say when you got my gift?" Draco gave her the last book, Jaime reached up then lets it fly to its own shelf.

"He didn't know it was you, but he saw the gift – your owl did a really great entrance then."

"Told him to." Draco sighed, "You really look great on you, Jaime – the jumper."

"Thank you, Draco."

"Hey, do you want to go for a walk with me?" Draco asked.

Ginny was about to say no for Jaime, but Hermoine stopped her.

"Sure... where are we going anyway?"

Draco shrugged, "Anywhere."

Ginny and Hermoine watched as Jaime left with Draco, but what caught their eye was that Jaime held on to Draco and Draco didn't seem to mind.

"What do you think Harry will say?" Ginny suddenly asked.

"He won't like this..."