Gilbert Nightray x Reader Gingerbread Cookies

It was Christmas eve and the Vessalius Manor was bustling...well sort of.

Alice and Oz were trying to sneak a peek at their presents that lie under the tree, Oscar was already drinking more then his share of Christmas spirits and yourself and Gilbert were in the kitchen preparing for the next days dinner.

"After the butter is melted add it to the gramcracker crumbs and press them to the pan, making a evenly thick crust" Gilbert instructed as you got to work on making a cheesecake.

You looked over your shoulder to the raven haired man and nodded "Alright" you replied then went back to your work.

"Hmm hmm~♡" You hummed as you worked, you were happy to be able to help your boyfriend, even if you had to practically twist his arm to do so.

Gilbert was planning to make everything himself, all six  desserts.

Luckily he only wanted to make the desserts today, since he figured every savory dish would taste best if prepared the same day.

"Okay so that's done..." you muttered to yourself after pouring the filling into the crust and smoothing it out.

Gilbert walked over, curiously peeking his head over your shoulder to see how it turned out.

"Well done" he said with a smile and looked down at you.

You blushed slightly and gave a closed eyed smile "Thanks! Heh" you replied.

"Now place it in the fridge and let it chill for now. I would like your help with these" Gilbert said as he gestured to the fridge then to a bowl and multiple ingredients beside him.

"Oh alright" you said, quickly placing the cheesecake in the fridge then coming back to stand beside Gilbert.

You clapped your hands together and looked to the ingredients with a excited grin.

"So what are we making now?" You asked, to which Gilbert replied "Gingerbread Cookies"

"Oooh yum! Are we going to make gingerbread men then?" You asked and he nodded.

"Yes, I think it would be fun if everyone came and decorated some once they are done cooling" he said.

"That'll be fun!" You replied with a cute smile, making Gilbert chuckle a bit.

"I'm glad you like that idea. Now we should get to work" he said and you nodded "okay!"

You brought the large bowl to yourself and poured in the ingredients as Gilbert handed them to you once measured out.

"It smells really good!" You exclaimed and Gilbert chuckled "it does doesn't it? It's the spices. It's why I love making gingerbread cookies during the holidays" Gilbert said with a small smile.

"I bet they'll taste great if they smell this good now" you said.

"Well it all depends on how we make them really, but I am confident that my recipe will taste pretty good once done and finished" Gilbert said.

You looked up to him and grinned "Of course, you are our master chef after all~ everything you make is delicious~" you said before standing on your tiptoes and giving him a peck on the cheek.

Gilbert blinked his eyes somewhat wide with surprise then blushed and chuckled "Heh you're being nice, I still have a lot to learn about cooking and baking" Gilbert replied a bit bashfully.

"Well then I'll just have to be your taste tester~" you said while waving your finger around.

"Heh I think you already are" he replied and kissed the top of your head as he went to stand behind you.