Oswald Baskerville x Reader: Worry

"Glen are you awake?" You asked after you knocked on the door to Glens room "nngh..yes..." you heard him grumble and chuckled.

'Heh, he must have just woke up' you thought and entered the room, When you walked in you saw Glen sitting on the edge of the bed with his right arm leaning on his thy well the other scratched his head.

You smiled and set the tray of tea and breakfast on his desk then walked over to him "Were you up all night thinking again?" You asked as you sat beside him.

He paused to answer "....yes..the duties of 'Glen' are rather tiresome and weigh heavily on the mind.." he said as he removed his hand from his head and rested his arm on his leg.

You narrowed your eyes at him as he continued to hold his head down 'ever since he became 'Glen' he's been unable to get a good nights rest.. if this keeps up he might end up overdoing it and become ill.. ' you thought, you felt pity for him.

Oswald and you had always been close, ever since the beginning when Levi took you in.

Though At first he was very quiet and would scarcely talk to you, he opened up when he heard you humming one day and after that you two became close and would practice together, he would be piano and you vocals.

You smiled and unconsciously reached for his face, moving some of his hair from his face and behind his ear.

He blinked then looked at you "(Y/n)..what is it?" He asked, your actions catching him completely by surprise.

Your eyes met his beautiful amethyst ones and your heartbeat sped up "I..uh.." you pulled your hand back and stammered.

Oswald raised a brow at you then gave a soft look, his eyes narrowing and his lips giving a slight curl at the ends.

"Are you worrying yourself with my health again..?" He asked and you shook your head "uh..no! I um..was just.. thinking about how hard you work yourself.." you murmured.

Oswald widened his eyes for a moment then returned to his soft gaze he only showed when with you "(Y/n) you worry yourself to much with others.."

You looked at him then to your feet "that is not true!" You exclaimed and he tilted his head "oh? What of the time Jack fell out of that tree? He simply got a scratch on his leg yet you worried yourself sick until the next time you saw him" Oswald stated.

"Well that's how it is with Jack! He's always clumsy so there is never a time I am not worrying about him!" You declared, your face becoming slightly flushed.

Oswald noticed this and thought it rather cute so he decided to continue "hm.. yes, you have a point, Jack is clumsy" he said and put a hand on his chin and you took this that he had given up.

"See i-" you began but were cut off "ah! When Lottie, Fang, Dug and Lilly were playing hide and seek in the courtyard and Lottie tripped on a root, I remember that you bandaged her whole leg up when actually she just scuffed her knee" Oswald said with the smallest sound of satisfaction in his voice.

You widened your eyes, his determination to prove his point astounding you.

"that was ages ago Oswald, I cannot believe you would even remember something so small" you said as you turned to face him.

"I say, what will you remember next maybe something about the time when Levi got food poisoning from those wild mushroo-" you were cut off once again yet this time it was by Oswald's lips.

Your eyes grew as large as they possibly could and your face became a deep shade of red, you were having a sheer moment of shock.

You were practically frozen until you felt Oswald's hand slide under your jaw line to help support the kiss.

Your eyes soon fell and you melted into the kiss, putting your hand onto his chest and leaning in the smallest bit giving him the signal that you also enjoyed it.

After a moment longer the two of you broke apart, Oswald looked deeply into your (E/c) eyes and smiled.

"I remember those things because they were moments filled with your adorable expressions" he said which made your face become a deeper shade of red, if at all possible.

"o-Oswald.." you averted your eyes and he let out a small chuckle "heh, now I can cherish these adorable expressions as well.." he said and kissed your cheek.

"I love you (Y/n) and as long as I have you I will always be well" he buried his face in the crook of your neck and you frowned your brow.

"Wha!? No! I will make no substitute for sleep! A proper diet! And mm-!!" Oswald kissed you again cutting you off completely and pushing you onto the bed.

After a bit he broke off and hugged you, you stroked his hair and he eventually fell asleep 'hm..maybe he was right..' you thought and soon fell asleep as well, holding your loved one in your arms.