Letter from Mara to Ashlen

To Ashlen,

I am never, ever, ever, go out with your sisters again. My parents should have to handcuff us together next time. Last night was the worst night of my life. I know I barely know you and all because of this pen pal thing but I have to tell someone. I did something I never thought I would ever do. I had sex with a random guy. I know it may not sound that bad but for me it is. I like to control things in my life and last night was a night I wasn't in control of myself. I don't remember much about last night but I do know my sisters had something to do with it. Everything is still a fog but I still get images of certain events. The clearest image of them all is the face of the man I woke up next to this morning. He had this weird smile on his face then and even when he left a while a go. I feel so dirty and used. I can't even stand to be in this skin. Its even  worst that the guy face seems familiar. I can't shake it that mischievous smile. It going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I don't even want to be in the bed. I can hear my sister laughing and talking through the walls of their apartment. I can barely make out what they are saying except for when my name comes up in the conversation and is followed by another laugh. I just want to rip their faces off. Why did my parents force me to go out last night? If anyone's to blame for this it's them. I know they didn't expect this to happen but still they shouldn't have forced me. I feel this sense of betrayal deep in my gut. I don't even feel like myself in my own skin. I just want to burn this all away and become anew. I don't know to do any more. I was so confident heading into this new year but I feel so weak.

-Mara