Mark, 18

To the girl I met on move-in day,

I had this odd compulsion to talk to this girl yesterday. She had just broken up with her high school boyfriend and looked completely distraught. We talked for a hours and it really opened my eyes. I always felt that life was kinda unfair. I been mostly alone for most of my life. Moving from place to place on a regular basis toll on a kid mental. Nothing seems stable and could change any moment so what was the point of going attach to anyone. Talking to that girl almost reaffirmed that belief until I remember a conversation I had with another girl at the beginning of this semester. She went on and on about how we all need other people for certain things. I brushed it off like it was some hippie bullshit. But after talking to other girl, I really saw how interdependent she was on her ex. I think she knew she need her boyfriend and he need her. They were the only stable thing they had in each others lives. They knew no matter what the other person would be there to support them. It took me way to long to realized this and I apologize to the girl I met on move-in day. I hope I see you again around campus and we can talk more. I'm sure your be glad to know that asshole you met is long gone.

-Mark