Ashlen to Luke's Mother

Hello Mrs. Gospil,

Don't worry about Luke. I've been with him for the last few days. I found him walking outside at night on Sunday. His eyes just seemed so distance. He was pretty out of it in general. I took him back to my dorm which was odd going to the lobby with someone who appears to be out of it. Once back to my room I placed him on the bed where he's pretty much been since that night. He only gets up to use the restroom. He hasn't said a word to me and all that escapes his  lips are mumbles. The only thing I remember him saying is thank you. He doesn't really respond to a lot of the things I say. But the other day, I came in from a class and I started bitching about something that I can't even remember. I practically forgot that he was there for that instance. I remember I was on the verge of crying and frustration when I feel him hug me. It was so random but so needed. I felt something in his arms. It was warm and loving. I honestly don't remember the last time I felt like that. I was happy. Truly happy. I could tell Luke felt that same. He held me close and tight. It was if we could have merged together in that moment. It was like we were in our own little world for that night. But I don't know if its right. I mean we broke up and everything but I can't help but love him. Every time I see him I see the goofy kid that stumbled over the words to ask me out the first time he ever talked to me. I have done too much to break and bruise him. Can I really be the one that heals him? Is it really my place to do so? Well anyway I just want to let you know that your son is still alive and I try my best to help him.

Love,

Ashlen