Half Loved ~ Chap 26: Turbulent Tides

Hello guys! Happy New YEAR!!!! Okay, so just wanna say, I planned to upload this like, 2 days ago, but as I said, my net has been SOOOO freaking bongos. Anyway, I'm glad I'm celebrating the new year with an update! :D haha

Just wanna share, we had our traditional reunion (which was usually at my grandma's sister place cause it's her birthday) but this year, we had it at our house! I missed hosting parties -__- hahha It was funny though cause she called us only hours before coming and she's like, "Hey, it's gonna be my birthday on new years, and I'm inviting myself over to your house to celebrate. I already told the WHOLE family that we'll have it at your place so no big! See ya!"

Weird right? hahhha XD SO! I hope you all had a splendid new year! I know I did with all the fireworks and lights!

Hope you've had your fill of Jace on the previous chapter! This one's also gonna be about him, but I assure you you'll have mixed feelings about this :P Watch out for it! 

Please do take your time to read my IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT chapter and comment :P I really do appreciate everyone who's taken the time to comment! Here's a pic of Jace with his cute little doggie ------>

With that said, I'd love it if you pin, like, heart, VOTE, and comment on this chapter :) I really do love your insight so please, comment away! 

With Love, Onion :)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

~Chap 26: Turbulent Tides~

~Carter’s POV~

Well, I was still pretty dumbfounded with the events of the day to actually process the fact that I’m in the passenger’s side of a truck. And Jace was driving beside me. Oh, yeah… maybe I should speak now.

“Where are we going?” I found myself asking. I couldn’t really recall entering the truck and leaving school.

“My place.” He chipped.

“Okay.” I said, looking down at my hands. Oh yeah, that’s where his hand was just a few moments ago. I shook the thought out of my head. “How did we get out of school?”

“Ray’s my friend. He’s part of security.” He replied as he took a turn. We were now exciting a pine tree covered part of the road and entering some sort of intersection. I don’t really know. I’ve always been bad with road signs and directions. Yes, another point for Andrea Carter.

“Oh.” I said, looking out the window again. “Can I call our friends?”

“Yeah, why not?” he asked, a little confused.

“Oh.” I repeated sheepishly. “I thought you were kidnapping me?”

“What?” he paused, looking at me.

“What?” I imitated, trying to copy his tone.

“Carter, are you okay?”

“Yes. What about you?”

“Yes.” He answered, mirroring my expression. And that was the end of our conversation. We drove for about a good thirty minutes more before I started to feel my but ache. Well, that’s a welcome distraction. In fact, I’d welcome any kind of distraction.

I noticed the change of scenery we were now passing and looked at the cornfields around us. There were a couple scarecrows we crossed and I couldn’t help but shudder at the thought of them coming to life to chase us like in that scary Jeepers Creepers movie. I pulled my scarf closer as I shuddered at the thought.