Half Loved ~ Chap 25: Pretend to be Mine

Hello lovelies! Did you read earlier announcement? If not, read away here!

http://www.wattpad.com/33637527-half-loved-~-important-announcement

Here is my very belated Christmas gift to you guys! I hope you enjoyed your Christmas! 

For those who wanted some action for everyone's favorite MMA champ, well here you go! Don't be too sad now, cause I injected a little bit of the signature Carter humor! I've noticed the sadness going round, (no thanks to you S!) so here's something to cheer you guys up! ;)

I hope you take the time to read what I think is one of the longest chappies I've written so far :D

Here's a picture of Jace on the right! ------->

With that said, please do like, heart <3, Pin, VOTE, and comment your awesome ideas! Till then, Love you guys! ;)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

~Chap 25: Pretend to be Mine~

~Liam’s POV~

“So, did you get the books you wanted?” I asked as Carter lay down a stack of books in front of me. He sighed heavily as he caught his breath.

“Well, one of them was out, but I got most of them. I’m a happy kid.” He smiled. Though it was still strained, I’m glad he was smiling now. I thought it’d take him longer to recover from that night…

“That’s good to hear.” I said, reciprocating his smile. “What are those anyway?”

“The sonnets of Shakespeare, Chicken Soup for the Lost Souls, and a compilation of the Grim Fairy Tales.” He smiled like a little child.

“Oh…” was all I could manage to say. After all, I never was the reader type. It was always Ashley who understood him, book-wise. They constantly huddled up over new books and rant about crappy cliff hangers, or mourn for the death of Finnick Odair, whoever in the world he was.

As he was reading a few pages from his newfound glories, I couldn’t help but remember the state we found him in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“He’s not breathing properly.” Tyler said in observation, and I checked the heaving of his chest.

“You’re right. He could’ve gotten an allergic reaction to the sawdust and had an asthma attack.”

“What should we do?” he asked, panic in his tone.

“We better get him out of here first.” I said as I pushed the wooden door to get rid of the loose nails.

Tyler was carrying Carter out of the room when I stopped him midstride. “Put him down for a while.” I said and he followed. I then started to undo the buttons on his shirt, followed by his shoes, socks, and the button on his pants.

“Hey!” he said as he shoved me roughly aside. “What are you doing?”

“I’m trying to improve his breathing. The tight clothing prevents him from breathing properly.” I snapped as I carried his shoes.

“Oh…” Tyler said sheepishly as we both made our way out. It kinda pissed me off to think that Tyler thought I was trying to take advantage of Carter… I mean, I may be known for my reputation and all that crap, but I’ve never forced anyone I’ve been with to do what they didn’t want to do. I would never force anyone to do anything, especially not Carter. He’s too important to me.