19. Something Happened Twice

Original Stats:
129 Views. 8 Votes.

━━━━━━━━━

Something Happened Twice

━━━━━━━━━

Jasmine huffed out an exaggerated breath as she pushed the textbook a little farther from herself. As she did, she tipped the book up so the bottom edge of the binding was resting against the table, the words playing out before her. She blew out another breath, forcing her now fallen bangs back up and out of her face. Studying was the worst. Especially when it was in the library. A place where she was forced to be quiet, unable to listen to music or simply walk out when she needed a break... or a snack for that matter.

The kids scattered around the large area who were obviously able to focus weren't helping either.

She could hear a chair slide back from the table against the rough brown carpet, sparking her attention away from the now forgotten textbook. There above her, stood the person she had been waiting so long for. She turned towards him, the one person that could make her feel better in any moment.

"Hey." She got out as she shut the textbook gently at her side, not wanting to even look back at the object as she looked into Logan's eyes. "Where've you been? I thought you and Lindy were meeting me here to study?" She continued on, spinning her body around to fully face Logan. He simply shrugged and pushed his backpack up onto the table, his mind seeming to be elsewhere.

"We went to the mall."

"The mall?" Jasmine asked in confusion, Logan laughing at the way her face scrunched up. He had always said how cute she was when this happened. That only confused her more. "What were you two doing there?"

Logan sighed, his eyes diverting back to his bag as he zipped open the front pocket. He slowly reached inside, building the anticipation as he pulled out a long box. Jasmine's face relaxed a bit as Logan played with the small string wrapped nearly around the thing, not wanting to look directly at his girlfriend.

"I wanted to get you something." Logan started as he dared to look up into her eyes. "And K-Lindy, wanted frozen yogurt." Logan shook his head, pushing those thoughts to the side before handing the box to Jasmine.

She took it into her hands, glancing it over before starting in on it. Half the time at her birthday parties she opened presents the wrong way. Not being able to find where the string stopped or where the wrapping paper began. But luckily enough for her, this time, Logan had simply stuck on a bow and left out the paper. She only had to maneuver a box. Seemed simple enough.

"Logan..." She left off as she popped it open, her mouth parting slightly as she set it down on the table at her left and pulled out the object inside. "It's beautiful." Jasmine pressed her lips together as she looked it over for the first time.

It, the thing inside the box, was a phone case. One that held an oval shaped mirror in the center, with small yellow and purple flowers lining the reflective object. On the diagonal corners, there were two flowers. The one on the top right looked as though it didn't coordinate with the others, leaving a small space between her eyebrows to come together.

"Not that I'm not appreciative, but why did you get this for me?" Jasmine asked with a small smile as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket, slipping off the old case and pushing the new one onto her phone. It felt right having it there.

"I don't know." Logan shrugged before allowing his elbows to rest against his thighs. "You kept using your phone camera as a mirror, and getting in trouble for it, so I thought, why not get her a case with a mirror. That way, you don't even have to turn on your phone." Logan replied with a small curve of his mouth. Jasmine could tell he had thought this through. It wasn't just a spur of the moment gift. This was special.