1. It Will Never Be Okay

Original Stats:
500 Views. 17 Votes. 17 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

It Will Never Be Okay

━━━━━━━━━

"You need to tell him." Ty reminded as he closed the laptop sitting in front of him on the desk. Kim shook her head as she began to pace the room slowly, her arms crossed over her chest. Ty let his fingers tap lightly against the dark steel table, causing Kim to throw her head back in aggravation.

"Why in the world would I tell him?" Kim snapped as she threw her hands to her sides and glared right back at him, catching her old sensei completely off guard. "You really want me to go in there and tell him there's no hope? That the practical love of his life and one of my only best girl friends is no where to be found?" He nodded reluctantly.

"What else is there to do, Kim?" Ty prodded as he sat up, his hands sliding across the table as he did so. He watched as Kim thought it over, leaning against the clean white wall behind her. This was a borrowed office. None of this was their own in DC. They all belonged home in California, but here, they had much bigger fish to fry than the ones on the docks back home.

"I can't do that..." Kim muttered under her breath as she let her gaze fall to the ground. She hadn't missed this. She had thought she would be done with all of this in no time. And yet, here she was. Back at the new witness protection headquarters in Washington DC, where not only was she there, but so was the infamous Ricky Weaver, two other fifths of the fab five Delia Delfano and Garrett Spenger, and her new backup for this mission, Jack Brewer, Milton Krupnik, and Grey Reynolds. What a bunch. The only one they were missing, was Jasmine Kang. Who, was the whole reason they were here. Shane Mason had taken her hostage until he got whatever he wished to get from this, or was taken back into custody.

"Well, you have to. I don't care if he's so suddenly in love with her that he kills himself. He needs to know. Plus, the quicker you tell him, the quicker we can find her. Meet up with Jack later, too. But none of this, kissy business. Strictly for strategy on this... Whatever you want to call it." Ty ordered sternly before jumping up from his seat and taking his laptop into his hands. He nodded slightly to Kim before walking out of the room and leaving the door open for her to follow.

Kim sighed and slowly made her way out of the room, walking around the known all too well halls of witness protection. They had built it to look exactly like the one in New York, which, was currently shut down for renovations. She had been so excited, and slightly sad, the last time she was there. Now, all she felt was sadness.

She let out a ragged breath as she walked along, her elevated high tops squeaking against the gray floors as she walked. She glanced from side to side, only seeing the now gray walls and black doors that were closed to her. All hiding some kind of secret business that the government had to deal with. She was upset that none of it had to do with Jasmine. It seemed like they were doing nothing to find her. And now, she had to tell Ricky of all things.

Kim stopped dead in her tracks as she came upon the door that would lead her to Ricky. She had to walk in there and tell him that Jasmine was gone. She had to tell him that they had found nothing. Kim shook away the fear before pushing through the door, seeing Ricky just around the corner, his legs shaking as he pushed his feet up and down quickly off the ground. She pressed her lips together as she made her way over, dreading everything when the moment came that Ricky glanced up to see her.

"Kim." Ricky called as he stood from his seat in the back waiting room. This was strictly for the people that were working with the agency.

"Hey." Kim breathed out as she walked over and stopped in front of her fake brother, and previous crush. He smiled as the hope rose within him.