17. New York Times Part 2

Original Stats:
127 Views. 6 Votes. 1 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

New York Times Part 2

━━━━━━━━━

The two had ridden in complete silence back to the hotel. Neither of them saying even a word about what had just happened, but Kim had seen it. She had watched it play out both up on the roof, and when they were in the car. She could even see it right now as they were walking back to their hotel room.

Ricky was mad. He was so furious that he probably couldn't come up with a clear thought. He had been stomping up the stairs, refusing to take the elevator, and never looking back. But it wasn't only the anger Kim could see, it was the sadness. The utter heartbreak he was going through all at the same time.

Jasmine had completely rejected them. She had shot down Ricky seemingly before Kim had even gotten onto the roof. She could only imagine the things she had said to him. If it had hurt fro Kim, it was sure to have hurt Ricky even worse.

The pair stopped just outside of their hotel room, a room they hadn't yet been in. They had been so preoccupied with saving Jasmine, they had let the driver take their things to the hotel. What a bust of an idea that was. Kim still couldn't wrap her mind around what had happened.

Ricky tugged the key card out of his pocket, shoving it against the sensor and pushing the door wide open. Deep inside, he was ragging, his heart was wrenching with the pain of losing Jasmine. Especially with how long they had fought to bring her home. He was about to blow.

"Why!" Ricky yelled as he threw his phone at the wall, the case flipping off and the glass screen shattering with it hitting the ground. Ricky forced out a breath as he tried to contain himself, only for him to blow up even more. "Why would she pick Shane?" He continued to yelled, slamming his hands down on the desk in anger as Kim quickly made her way inside, shutting the door behind them. She walked in warily, not knowing what to do as she could hear the panting coming from Ricky. He was still mad, angry to the point of no return, but Kim understood that much. This was insane. The love of his life had already fallen for someone else? That someone else being their very own rouge teen spy that had kidnapped her only a few months ago.

Jasmine never considered the love she was letting go.

"She doesn't even know what she's doing." Kim huffed as she brushed her hair into a high pony tail. Her hair had been getting in her face the entire time they had been up on the roof. "Who could she ever think she's in love with Shane? You were right there in front of her!"

Ricky shook his head, half not wanting to talk about it. But the other half of him, had to get it out. Yes, the wound still stung very deep, but Kim was practically the only one who knew what he was going through. Even if she hadn't gone through it herself.

"Maybe it's true." Ricky huffed in aggravation. "Maybe she really does love him. I mean, look at her. He got her new clothes, they live together in this fancy apartment, and he even got her a gold necklace. What the hell was that anyways? Some kind of promise? And he kept calling her my flower." Ricky went on. "My flower, my flower, my flower!" Kim shook her head, a memory flashing over her vision.

"I don't know what the necklace meant, but Jack said that Shane secretly wanted to be a florist. The spy kids used to tease him about it when they were up there in Washington. His dad wasn't okay with it either, so he went into the spy program and tried to forget about it. Apparently everything got messed up when he did join, though. He wasn't evil until then." Kim explained. "No wonder he calls Jasmine that. She's like the light of his life in some twisted way. Just like his old career dream."