15. I Am In...

Original Stats:
100 Views. 7 Votes. 0 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

I Am In...

━━━━━━━━━

Ricky huffed out a breath, feeling his eyes flutter close for about the tenth time in the last minute. The wall seemed to become more slippery by the second as his feet skidded slowly our from under him as well.

His eyes popped wide open, his heart thudding against his chest. The pop star jumped back up from his place, standing back up straight against the wall. He needed to get it together. Falling asleep during a meeting this huge, would not end well for him. Or Jasmine for that matter. He knew that he had been standing all too long along the wall, and that he hadn't slept in almost forty eight hours, but he needed this. He needed to be the one to figure this out. For Jasmine's sake. Otherwise, who knew what Shane would do next.

"Don't worry my flower." Shane whispered, looking down to see Jasmine's face had softened with his words. She seemed so relaxed in the moment, but Shane knew that deep down she was worrying. Who wouldn't be with what they had seen on the monitors. "It will all be okay soon."

He sucked in a deep breath, rubbing his eyes and widening then as he looked back down to the note, the same phrase running over his head every time he looked at it.

I'm fine.

Sure she is. She's stuck with the most dangerous teenager in the world. She's been held captive for weeks on end, almost months, and now, they hadn't heard a thing from her. It almost seemed as though she wasn't trying to escape any longer.

Almost perfect even.
Maybe it's better with my captor.

Ricky shook his head, she was no where near better. She should be safe in his arms, not stuck in some warehouse somewhere, wondering when Shane would next attack.

I always thought it was better with Ricky.
Not now.

He could remember the first time he had read over this. Simply seeing his name in her hand writing was enough to kill him inside. He couldn't sum up in words how much he missed her.

Now, I feel free.
Every day is like a new adventure.
Where I can live life to the fullest.

She's a captive. She probably hasn't seen the outside of whatever warehouse Shane had her held at now. How is that considered an adventure? How is that living her life to the fullest?

You can stop looking.
Or keep going.
Really, it's your choice.
Keep in mind, that I am in good hands.

Ricky could feel his heart now pounding against his chest with anger. She would never want him to stop looking. Jasmine would want him to look to the ends of the earth, just to make sure that she was okay. She would want him to bring her home. She would never assume she was in good hands. Not when she was with Shane.

~Jasmine

He let his eyes close, her signature imprinted into his eyesight.

Jasmine tried. She was still trying. Trying to keep her breathing steady as she was even further trying to stay calm. They were close. Almost too close to figuring it out. They apparently hadn't gone this far, not to finish the game. Not to finally end it. No matter what she had told them in the past. They wouldn't believe it until they saw it for themselves.