18. Back to the Beach

Original Stats:
109 Views. 7 Votes. 0 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Back to the Beach

━━━━━━━━━

They left. No one ever thought that they would. Not after everything that had gone down. Who could have thought that they would have to give up after everything.

Kim and Ricky had to be the ones to give the news. The bad news. The news that Jasmine, despite everything, had decided to pick a new path. She had chosen to stay with Shane, the very term spy that had kidnapped her only months ago.

They had taken it hard, even Jack. The three that had treated this the lightest were actually sad that they had put in this much time, only for her to dismiss the group without a second word.

Th hardest part was telling Garrett and Delia. The agency had decided to keep that information a secret. Sadly enough, they were letting Jasmine tell her parents on her own. They would still be in the dark until further notice.

So, they left. The now fab four, and the gang from Seaford, also missing one member, flew to California. The one place where they could be very, very, far away. Far away from everything that had happened over the last couple of months. They could leave everything behind that way.

The farther they were, the easier it would be to forget. If they were to stay in either DC, or even New York for that matter, none of them would be able to live with themselves. Just the thought that Jasmine was so close, yet so far away, made them sick.

They packed their bags. All of them. Rudy and Ty included. They left the agency, were given medals for their efforts, had received enough pats on the back for a lifetime, and went home. For some, their new home.

Garrett and Delia has agreed to come with, Ricky moving his recording studio to Seaford to be closer to the gang. It was either that or be a little to far away for comfort in LA. He wouldn't be able to live without them. All alone, singing pop songs to try and numb the pain.

As for the couple from Evanston, they would finish high school along with the others. They were to attend Seaford High online along with Kim and Ricky, the other's choosing to go half day at the high school for their upcoming senior year. There was nothing left for the two in Illinois. Not since Jasmine was now gone.

What was the point in going back anyhow?

"Do you guys have the punching dummy?" Jack called from inside the dojo as he pulled out the long mat. The very mat Kim had been insisting that he needed help to get into the right position.

"Hey!" She yelled as she ran inside, jumping around and standing next to him before grabbing onto the mat. "You said you'd let me help you." Kim whined as she pulled the mat along with Jack. It was heavier than she had thought. He let his head fall back with a laugh as the two's back's hit the rounded doorway. Meaning, they could finally stop pulling.

"Yeah, I say a lot of things." He shrugged as he dropped the mat to his feet along with Kim, the two stepping out from behind it, taking a look at it from the sidelines. Kim crocked her head as she took a closer look at the angling of the mat. Something wasn't right.

"It's crooked." Kim pointed out stubbornly, bringing Jack's attention back to her.

"You don't say?" He quipped back as he sent his friend a glare. "Doesn't matter, anyways. We need the mat guys to come down and instal it. Otherwise it'll keep moving around." Jack reminded. Kim shook her head.