14. Jerry Rigging

Original Stats:
229 Views. 13 Votes. 6 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Jerry Rigging

━━━━━━━━━

Kim pressed her lips together as the four came to a stop just outside the back door to the agency. The parking garage had become quite the popular place to talk. Even this early in the morning.

"Why are we stopping?" Garrett asked worriedly, spinning around to take a look at his friends. "Is there something wrong?"

Kim laughed and shook her head, reaching over and linking her and Ricky's arms to hold him back. They needed a word. She wasn't about to let him walk in and not speak with her about this.

"It's fine, Garrett. I just have to ask Ricky something before we go inside." Kim brushed off simply, getting a nod from their two best friends.

"Have a nice chat." Delia teased as she took Garrett's hand and led him away from the two. They walked swiftly into the building, the two of them not running into a single soul as they walked into the computer room. "Where is everyone?" Delia asked as she spun around in the large room.

"I don't know." Garrett said as he began to look around. The usual hustle and bustle of the agency had certainly died down. Delia and himself were the only ones in the computer room. This wasn't right.

Delia's eyes jumped up and around the room, then catching something seemingly important. She stopped to see there had been duck tape plastered onto all the camera lenses. At least the three in the computer room. "Are we camera shy now?"

Garrett shrugged as he followed his girlfriend's gaze, his own confusion hazing over him at the sight.

"We were gone for like half an hour." Garrett pointed out as he made his way back to the door, poking his head back out into the hallway. Still, there was no one out there, leaving them all alone in the room where they were supposed to find Jasmine. "What did we miss?"

"Look, Ricky." Kim started as she dropped his arm, her sight also falling to the ground as she lost the will to look directly at him. "I know that Jack and I are broken up, and technically the kiss wouldn't be, bad, to tell him about, but-"

"I wasn't going to tell him, either." Ricky said, a straight face being held on the pop star, one that Kim barely ever saw on Ricky. He almost always had a smile on his face, or some sort of smirk since the two were always making remarks at each other.

"Okay." Kim breathed, a small bit of the gigantic weight being lifted off her chest. She wasn't okay with the kiss, and it wasn't her fault it happened in any way, but she didn't want Jack to find out. Mainly because, she knew for a fact he would literally rip Ricky's head off. "Let's get in there then." She said with a fake smile. Ricky nodded, reaching out for her hand once again and pulling her into the building.

The door shut loudly behind the two, the entire building seeming to be emptied completely of practically anyone on their little force or otherwise.

"What happened?" Kim wondered aloud as she glanced from side to side. She dropped Ricky's hand and raced inside, storming into the large room with the black couch only to see it was still empty.

Except for one person.

"Hey." He got out nervously, the man a few feet in front of her looking to be shaking with nerves. Ricky busted in behind the two, freezing as he locked eyes with the other man.

"I'll just..." Ricky started, pointing off towards the hallway where he thought Garrett and Delia to be before he ran through the door. He wasn't about to interrupt this conversation.