21. Lighthouses Can Be Dark

Original Stats:
116 Views. 8 Votes.

━━━━━━━━━

Lighthouses Can Be Dark

━━━━━━━━━

Ricky swallowed hard as he let his eyes look out the window once more. His leg was shaking up and down from the floor of the airplane, just like Kim's had the night they drove to the warehouse. He could almost see Kim's face now. Picturing the moment when Jack told her what had happened while they were in the dojo. How Ricky had simply run out without an explaination, or even a text explaining where he was going.

But he couldn't tell them. He couldn't tell anyone. This was too big of information to blow by text. Or even by phone call. If he was to send a message, tell everyone back home what was going on, he risked messing up everything Jasmine had worked for. He knew, deep down, that Jasmine hadn't really meant those things that she had told him up on the roof. He knew there had to be another reason for her actions, even if she was brainwashed.

Just the fact that Jasmine had actually gotten Stockholm syndrome, blew his mind. She was smart, one of re smartest people he had ever known, actually. But not only that, he was still quite confused as to what had brought her back. Whether it be that Shane messed up within the last few days, or maybe a memory was brought to light since she had seen Ricky and Kim in person. He wasn't sure how any of this worked.

He was just happy he had Jasmine back.

But of course, even with all these happy go lucky thoughts he had running around in his head, there was still the utter fear that plagued him. Which, he knew Jasmine was feeling a more intense version of. She was the actual captive on the run. Neither of them really knew what Shane was made of.

They had seen him in action before, that much was true. But none of them, had seen just how evil he had become. By adding Jasmine to the few list of things the psychopath really cared about, only added fuel to the fire. His flower, using Shane's words, was running away. Who even knew if he had caught wind of it yet.

All Ricky was hoping for in the moment, was a chance to see Jasmine again. Alone, before all hell really broke lose. Shane was smart, he would eventually figure out what was going on. But for now, all Ricky had to do, was sit, and wait.

Because he was stuck on a four hour flight to Florida to save Jasmine. One of which he was only three fourths of the way done with.

This was the one mission where he was the most unsure of the ending.

Anything was possible.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

Jasmine sucked in a deep breath as she hugged her jacket in closer to her body. The wind was chilling as the small specs of rain began to fall from the sky. Everywhere, there were dark clouds as the rain slowly but surely moved in on the Florida coast.

She had been here two hours and forty five minutes. She had gotten in from her two hour flight, arrived without a bag, and left the airport immediately. She didn't care where she ended up, she just needed a place or two to hide until Ricky was able to come find her. She just wished that Shane hadn't figured out where she was yet.

All around, people were walking. Simply laughing, and having fun. All without a care in the world as they passed by the shaking girl that looked like she hadn't slept, or showered in more than a week. She was petrified with fear, almost paralyzed if she wasn't forcing herself to keep going. Yet, the general public had no clue who she was, or why she was acting so weird. She was a mess.