22. The Funeral To End It All

Original Stats:
224 Views. 11 Votes. 2 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

The Funeral To End It All

━━━━━━━━━

Some say that kidnapping changes you. They say that it's one experience that you'll never forget. That one thing, was true for Jasmine Kang.

After the many who moved back to Seaford graduated from high school, their real lives began.

Jack and Kim still own the Wasabi Warrior's dojo to this day. They reign as national and worldwide champions in karate as well.

Jerry and Mika, stayed in Seaford along with their two best friends. Mika becoming a language teacher, and Jerry, running the bowling alley he took over from Phil.

Garrett and Delia, got married halfway through college. Garrett graduated with a degree in sports medicine, and Delia, a degree in physiology. They moved to San Francisco, California. But still visit Seaford as often as they can.

Milton and Grey, took over the teen spy program, moving to DC right after high school graduation. They now hold a more careful screening process.

And last but not least, Ricky and Jasmine ended up famous. Not only doesn't Ricky hold many award winning albums under his belt, but Jasmine is now a world famous fashion designer. She was also able to write a book about the groups' experience towards the end of the high school years. The two now reside in Los Angeles.

But before we jump ahead of ourselves, let's see how the story really ends.

*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. *.

"Today we gather..."

That was the last thing she could remember about the funeral.

The rest of the time she spent there, she had tuned out the man reciting Shane's incredible life. Some statements were indeed true, Shane was a stand up guy before entering into the spy program. The rest of the man's words about Shane, were anything but.

He spoke of how Shane had helped people while away in Arabia. He helped put at hospitals, saving a mere three out of five people's lives.

Jasmine chalked it up to Shane giving them steroids.

There was one portion where he muddled up the kidnapping. Leaving Shane in the good as taking Jasmine to protect her from the bad to the bone, Ricky Weaver.

There were tears shed, but none from the group of Seaford and Evanston. They stayed silent as they stood, watching the body closely. Jasmine could feel the eyes on her as the priest spoke of the last of Shane's life. How he had been involved in a whirlwind romance. How he had truly lived life to the fullest.

As the group broke along with the end of the ceremony, Jasmine swiftly shoved the note she had written to the others into the casket, brushing away a small tear as she jetted off towards the road behind the cemetery. That, was where the limo was waiting.

Kim watched as Jasmine stopped just in front of the limo door, almost staring at herself as Ricky raced after the girl. Kim shook her head, pulling her boyfriend into her side as the group of six walked in closer towards the open casket. Jack held Kim close as the six peered over the side. This would be hard for them all.

The six stared down at the lifeless body, the one that the last time they had seen, held an evil look in his eyes. How he looked to know exactly what he was doing. The one now dead, would not be missed by any of them.