5. Empty Notes and Empty Rooms

Original Stats:
203 Views. 16 Votes. 1 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Empty Notes and Empty Rooms

━━━━━━━━━

Kim's breathing hitched as she glanced over the tablet worriedly for the twenty thousandth time since getting into the SUV. The location of the warehouse stuck out like a sore thumb in the dark car they were riding in. Her right leg bounced up and down with anticipation as the dark sky kept an ominous feeling about the car, the light of the tablet lighting up her face as she stared directly down at it.

"Calm down." Ricky teased, his voice cracking as Kim picked up on the worry in him as well. "Your leg is gonna bust through the bottom of the car if you keep doing that." Kim shook her head, locking the tablet and pushing it into Ricky's padded stomach before raising her hand up to her mouth. Her teeth chewed into her index finger nail before she jumped into Ricky, Jack scaring her as his hand rubbed over her back. Her right hand grasped onto Ricky's elbow as he rammed his back into the side of the car.

"I'm with Ricky on this one." Jack announced, a playful smirk on his face as the car bounced with the rocky road. "You need to calm down. We're going to get her out." He reassured before reaching out and grabbing onto her hand. Jack pulled Kim over to his side, her right hand still clasped around Ricky's elbow for support.

"But what if she's-"

"She will be." Jack whispered, his stare directed at her to the point where Kim almost believed him. Her boyfriend pulled her into his chest, Kim lying back into him as her body continued shaking with worry. Ricky smiled teasingly Kim's way as he propped her feet up on his lap, the pop star himself looking out the window longingly as he waited for the moment to come when he would see Jasmine again.

He could almost see her face as his eyes started playing tricks on him. The stars could make her outline while he could see her hair blowing back with the wind. He could practically picture how worn her clothes would look as she stumbled out of the warehouse with Shane far ahead of her in handcuffs. He could just imagine the feeling her would get when he finally had her in his arms again.

He missed how it felt to accidentally look into each other's eyes. He missed the way she blushed when he sent her a smile. He missed the way her face lit up with every one of her smiles. He even missed that previously annoying perfume that she had worn to the dance that night, her stating that Delia had made both her and Kim wear it since her grandmother had given it to her. He missed the ticklish feeling he got when he hugged her and she wore some vest or scarf with fur. He missed the way she would brush his hair back just the right way, and how she would tell him his hair looked better than Ricky Weaver's anyway.

He just missed Jasmine.

"You okay?" Kim asked, her stomach flipping along with the movements of the car. He nodded, his gaze dropping to his lap as he played with Kim's shoelace.

"Fine." He breathed out, finally daring to look up to the happy couple. "I just need to see her. Make sure she's okay." He reaffirmed their way before looking back out the window.

When would they be getting there...

"She will be." Jack said confidently. "I know she will." Kim frowned, her head spinning slightly as everything really hit her. They were going to save Jasmine.

"I hope you're right." Ricky mumbled as his eyes locked on a nearby light coming from a building. This was it. This was the place where Jasmine had been for the last two weeks.