Captain Duties

What did Soarin want to say?

I tossed the soccer ball around in my hand, irritatingly trying to figure out what the hell he wanted to say.

I...what?

After he collapsed in my arms, I called Thunderlane to pick him up since I didn't know know what his house password or key was.

If I see Soarin today, I'm gonna get all the answers to my questions from him.

I frowned as I stared at the grass below me frustratingly.

And I think I did call Scoots ba-

"Raaaaaaaainboooooow..." Fleetfoot's voice cut me short of my thoughts.

Wait what?

It shook me outta my trance and I turned my attention to her, blinking.

"Daaaaaaaaash..." she drawled as she finished with a smirk, my mind blank.

"What?" I gave her a bewildered expression.

"You practically missed the entire soccer camp briefing," she raised an eyebrow. "What in the world were you thinking about?"

I blinked twice.

"Girl," Spitfire slung an arm around my shoulders as she sat down beside me. "She's saying you bloody zoned out on the entire briefing for a soccer camp."

What...?

I zoned out on a briefing? For some soccer camp?

Oh no no no.

What did I just miss out on?

"Do you not understand English?" Fleetfoot rolled her eyes, "Do I need to speak in German? Korean? Japanese? Mandarin? Spanish?"

Coach didn't catch me, did she? Oh wait.

Of course not.

If I were, I would be not be standing here unharmed.

"Hey," Spitfire snapped her fingers in front of my face, "you there?"

I really need to pay attention.

"H-Huh?" I muttered, finally stopping tossing the ball around. "Y-Yeah."

"Seriously. Do you have any idea what you're supposed to do?" Fleetfoot asked.

"Uh..." I scratched the back of my neck. "no?"

Heck, I really zoned out.

"You're team cap' so you're supposed to plan along with Soarin for the camp activities and stuff since he's also the cap' for the other team," Spitfire groaned.

My eyes widened at his name.

She sighed as she mumbled, "Damn, you're the cap'. Why am I telling you all these stuff anyway?"

I shuffled my feet awkwardly.

"And coach wanted to meet you at the office. Now," Fleetfoot added and I sprang to my feet.

Oh shit.

I ran over to the office where coach and Soarin were already waiting for me.

I panted as I gave coach a slight bow.

My eyes snapped to Soarin.

He greeted me with his trademark smirk and I think he really blacked out for the entire time he was drunk.

He really did not remember?

Actually, I'm pretty fine with it. I didn't wanna deal with the whole "confession" thing.