Exploration Soarin

I opened one of my eyes and was met with a fucking ray of sunlight.

Bad idea.

I groaned and closed it immediately.

I flipped onto my stomach and my face was in the pillow.

"Wakey wakey princess!" Someone flung open the door.

I don't even need to guess who the asshole was.

I shot him my middle finger.

"Don't you know how to knock?" I complained.

Wait. Why was he in my house?

My eyes flew open and I sat straight up.

Wait.

Navy blue walls, navy blue bed...pale blue carpet.

Why do I think I've seen this before?

Oh shit.

"Why am I in your house?" I blurted out.

"Beeeeecause you said you couldn't go back to your house?" He raised an eyebrow.

Oh yeah. Since my friends were going to stay the night at my place, I couldn't go back there...and Rarity was chasing me, then I ran inside...oh lord.

I think I dozed off sometime after that.

"Then...w-what time is it now?" I asked. This room has no freaking clock.

"Eight a.m.?" He checked his watch.

All my friends should still be sleeping and they wouldn't have left the house yet so I need a place to crash at.

"Mind if I stay here for a while?" I asked.

"My pleasure," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and stumbled into the bathroom. I randomly grabbed a toothbrush. There were three. Weird.

I started brushing my teeth when I saw Soarin leaning onto the door frame in the mirror's reflection.

"What?" I asked as I brushed my teeth. Good thing I didn't choke or swallow any of the toothpaste.

"You know that's my toothbrush right?" He smirked.

I choked on the toothpaste.

Oh my fucked shit!!!

I threw the toothbrush into the sink immediately and spat out the toothpaste.

"What the fuck?!" I screeched. The mint of the toothpaste lingered in my throat. It almost seemed spicy. "I thought they were guest toothbrushes?!" I screamed.

"Eh don't worry princess," he swung an arm around my shoulders. "I don't mind," he whispered in my ear.

That sent shivers in my body.

I pushed him away and kept on gurgling water in my mouth to wash away...I don't know, anything remaining of Soarin's toothbrush?

And his saliva.

I curse my mind.

"Of course there is saliva on my toothbrush," Soarin chuckled as he picked up his toothbrush from the sink and placed it on the marble top besides the sink.

Of course. I say my thoughts out loud.

Ugh.

I grabbed one of the remaining toothbrush and brushed my teeth with it.

"All the toothbrushes are mine," he tried to sniffle a laugh when my eyes seemed to pop out of their freaking sockets.

I think they did.

"SOARIN!!!!!"

Fruit juice was poured out of the jar.

I gazed at him toasting bread. Lucky today was a Sunday. I didn't have to go to school.

And yeah, after the incident that happened in the bathroom I decided to forgive him and let him make me breakfast as punishment.

I should be the Element of Kindness too.

And I still don't know why he keeps three toothbrushes all to himself.

Now I'm sitting down on the dining table.

"What's about the love poem?" He asked again.

"It was just a lame dare. DON'T THINK I really meant the love part," I warned him.

"Maybe I should write one back too," he glanced at me.

Oh lordy.

Please don't let any of my friends see it.

"And princess, your royal breakfast is served," he casually plopped a plate of toasted bread before me and took a jar out of the fridge.

Hmm. Strawberry jam. Expensive, branded jam.

Of course. He's a famous celebrity. What do you expect?

He served two cups of fruit juice and sat down opposite me.

Soarin opened the jar and spread strawberry jam on my toast and offered it to me.

I took it and ate while gazing at him.

"Where's your mom? I thought she would be furious at me for even entering the house again," I asked out of curiosity.

"Eh, she's on a business trip," Soarin drank his juice.

"Your dad?" I asked.

There was a moment of silence.

Did I say something wrong?

"H-He...divorced my mom...and me," he finally replied and looked down at his toast sadly.

I felt my heart ache for his sadness.

Or whatever cheesy lines Rarity always say.

"Hey," I put my toast down. "I understand...my dad died in a factory explosion," I gave him a weak smile.

My dad was awesome too. He loved us. He worked in a factory. One day, when he was working, the factory exploded because of some leak in the building.

No one survived.

I was only five at that time.

Now I'm eighteen already.

He glanced up at me and flashed a smile so sad, I wanted to go and hug him.

And that's what I did.

I got up from my seat and wrapped my arms around him. I leaned my head on his shoulders.

Soarin seemed shocked for a moment, then he returned the embrace.

"You have a heart of gold, Rainbow Dash," he smiled as we pulled away. He squeezed my hands gently.

I've never heard anyone say it so sincerely and genuinely before.

Actually, I've never heard anyone say it to me before.

Before I could stop myself, I smiled back, "You may be an asshole, but...well, you can be nice."

"Of course," He returned to his normal cocky, smirking, asshole self.

Ugh. Way to go, Soarin.

I smiled sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

I ate my toast and got up.

I took my glass of fruit juice with me as I said to him, "I'm gonna check out your house."

"Go ahead," he smirked.

A cute little SoarinDash moment. I need to add a little fluff to this story.

See ya next time
~AddictiveReads