"Friendly" Competition

"So let's say this is the soccer field, and I am your opponent," I gestured to Spitfire then to myself. "And Fleetfoot here is your teammate, waiting for you to tackle me and pass the ball to her. How would ya do it?"

Now we were in one of those soccer practices when you get a break. I was talking to Spitfire and Fleetfoot about the tackling strategies.

I know I know, strikers don't really do those stuff but I wanna let them learn more skills.

"Use my leg to barge in and kick the ball outta your reach?" Spitfire shrugged.

"Then it'll also be outta your reach and other opponents will snatch it," I reasoned.

"How 'bout crashing her side into the opponent's and taking possession of the ball since your opponent is already down? Then you pass it to me?" Fleetfoot piped up.

"Nice one," I grinned.

Maybe she would make a good defender or midfielder.

We don't have enough defenders or midfielders yet 'cause not enough people are trying out for the-

My attention was snapped somewhere else.

Soarin and Zephyr Breeze were arguing about a girl.

"Ooh, what are they talkin' 'bout?" Fleetfoot sneaked up on them and listen and I did the same with Spitfire.

"Well I'm famous! And hot," Soarin rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Yeah well..." Zephyr seemed to be searching for a better retort. "I'm the brother of her longest best friend!"

"Psh, what did you do to impress her? I used my talents to," Soarin scoffed.

"Oh really? Then your talents suck 'cause when I hear your music I puke!" Zephyr narrowed his eyes at him.

Soarin did the same, balling his fists by his side.

I clapped loudly.

"Looks like it's some friendly competition," I smirked as I saw both of them glaring at each other, their fists clenched.

No, seriously. They were like in some movie when two opposite guys like a girl and fight for her.

And I DON'T fucking watch romantic movies. I just happened to actually learn a thing or two from Rarity fangirling about sappy stuff 24/7, 'kay?

I mean, what's wrong with them?

"Dudes," Fleetfoot laughed. "Which girl made you guys set each other's asses on fire?"

They blinked at me.

Spitfire raised an eyebrow and waved at their positions.

"Ah, I..." Soarin straightened himself as he realised what he was doing. He cleared his throat. "We...we..." He trailed off and narrowed his eyes at Zephyr Breeze.

"...were talking!" Zephyr filled him in and flashed me a flirtatious smile. "Right Rainbows?"

I turned and while they were facing my back I did a gag-take.

Soarin looked...angry?

I mean, why? Does he like-

I gave myself a mental slap.

Oh come on Dash. You're going bonkers.

"Okay," I turned around again and faced them. "Lemme get this straight, you two like a girl and are fighting for her like two crazy people who ate fried tarantulas."