Chapter 25

I am sitting at home with Michelle washing and folding some clothes for the babies since they should be arriving soon.

"I can't wait for my niece and nephew to come."

"You can't wait?!? I can't wait. I miss seeing my feet."

She laughs at this.

"Anyways what's up with you and Mark?" I say smirking.

"Um... nothing."

"Michelle."

"Okay so I really like him and we're taking it slow. He has a wall up and I'm trying to break it down so he can let me in."

"Keep trying. You and Mark both deserve someone. You guys have this sort of chemistry that I see Jackson and I have. I hope everything works out for you guys."

"Thanks sis. I can actually see a future between both of us."

"Ohhh snap my sister found herself a man. Go sis! Go sis!" We start dancing. We keep dancing until I feel a sharp pain.

"Ouch" I groan holding the side of my stomach.

"Malika what's wrong?" Michelle says running over to me.

"I don't know I just felt this pain."

"Ouch!!" I say feeling it again.

"Okay. I'm taking you to the hospital."

"Okay grab the baby bags just in case ."

I waddle to my car and she helps me in.

We continue driving. I feel my water break.

"My water just broke."

"Okay we're almost there. Hang tight."

We get to the hospital and my sister helps me into the emergency room.

"Malika!" April yells.

"Hey April. So my water broke and the twins are coming!"

"Oh my let's get you to a room!" She says while putting me in a wheelchair.

"Michelle can you call the everyone else and nurse Janice can you page Dr. Avery?"

April wheels me to a room and gets me changed into a gown and starts to hook me up to different machines to monitor me and the babies.

"Baby!" Jackson says bursting through the door.

"Hey honey looks like our twins wanted to come out." I say trying to laugh off the pain.

"Awww. I know your in pain baby but it'll be over in a bit." he says coming to hold my hand.

I nod and try to slow my breaths to relax.

"Babe call your mom. You know how she is when she's out the loop."

"Okay."

He goes to call his mother while I try to relax.

A couple hours later and I am only 6 centimeters dilated. The pain is starting to increase.