Chapter 15

I haven't spoken to Jackson in weeks and I am slowly dying inside. Even though we live in the same house he keeps his physical distance. But he keeps trying to talk to me. He's been sending me flowers, cards, teddy bears, and thousands of text messages and voice mails. I keep myself buried in work to try to get over him. But I just can't.  Alex and Meredith have been trying to cheer me up but nothing seemed to be working. I really miss Jackson. Lexie has been trying to get us back together because she sees how much not being with him is affecting both of us.

I get up out of bed from another sleepless night to get ready to go to work. I go to work and try to get myself through the day by ducking from Jackson this has become my routine ever since the break up. I am near the pit when I hear Arizona yelling at Alex. I guess he didn't tell her he was thinking about doing his fellowship at John Hopkins. 

I was offered a lot of different fellowships from Mayo, John Hopkins, New York Presbyterian, and even Seattle Mercy West. It's been hard for me to pick a hospital but I have to get out of Seattle too many memories of Jackson. I'm leaning towards Hopkins because I don't think I could be away from Alex for too long.

She goes off on him and kicks him off of the trip to go to the conjoined twins. I was offered to go but I really didn't want to because I hate flying on planes. She leaves with Meredith, Cristiana, Derek, Mark, and Lexie. I say goodbye to each of them and give them a hug. After they leave I go over to Alex and start to laugh at him.

"Did you not tell her you were considering to leave?" I say with a smirk.

"Shut up." He says pushing me.

"I thought you said you were going to tell her soon." I question him.

"I've been meaning to do it but I've been busy." He responds.

"Yeah busy screwing around with interns." I say rolling my eyes.

"How did you know about that?" He asked very surprised.

"Alex, I know everything." I say.

"Well like I said I been busy now shut up and come help me man the Peds floor." He says.

I sigh. "Lead the way."

We go to the Peds floor and I start to help with charting. While I am working on charts I feel someone standing behind me. I turn around to see the last person I wanted to see, Stephanie.

She is staring at me as if she's waiting for me to attack her.

"What is it Edwards?" I say losing the little patience I have for her.

"I...um... I" she stutters.

"Well spit it out." I say irritated.

"I'm sorry about kissing Jackson. I know that it was wrong of me but I couldn't stop myself. I didn't mean to break you guys up. He had no clue of what I was going to do."

"What do you mean he had no clue?" I say giving her my strongest bitxh face.

"Well... I made a nurse page him to the on call room and he thought the message was from you. So he went into the room and I waited a while before I entered. He asked me'What was I doing in here?' And I told him 'I was the one who sent the page'. He was really confused and was about to walk out when I grabbed his face and kissed him. That's when you walked in. I am so sorry I did that. I broke up a good relationship because of my jealousy and I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

I look at Stephanie as if she was insane. This girl just told me she ruined my relationship and wants my forgiveness. I want to slap the sh!t out of her but I hold my composure.

"Stephanie.. Thank you for coming to me and telling me the truth but I think it's best if you keep your distance from me for a while. I still have the urge to punch you in your face."

"Understood Dr. Thomas. I hope in the future you can be my teacher again." She quickly says and walks away.

As she walks away I suddenly feel a pang of guilt. Jackson was telling the truth. He really didn't even know she was going to do this. I'm such a fucking idiot. I have to go find him.

As I am searching for Jackson I realize how big Seattle Grace is. I wonder where he could be.

Before I get the chance to look any further I run into Owen. He has this broken look on his face.

"Owen what's wrong?" I say full of concern.

"There's.... there's been a plane crash."

"Where? Are the patients coming here? What kind of system do you want to set up?" I say wondering how we we're going to tackle this with some of our best doctors working on the conjoined twins in a whole other state.

"No....No...I meant to say that the plane.... the plane carry Arizona, Meredith, Lexie, Cristina, Derek and Mark crashed." He says with a distraught look.

"What!?! No, this can't be possible!! What happened?" I say with hot tears streaming down my face.

Why does all the bad stuff happened to the people I care about the most?

*A/N: Hey guys I'm still in school but it's winding down to my last couple of days. I really appreciate all the support you guys have been giving this book. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. More updates to come once I'm finished with school☺️ Side note: To anyone who is a Golden State fan and watched game 5 our team needs to get it together😢😒 We need to body the Cavs in game 6. *