Chapter 17

It's been a couple weeks since the crash. It's hard to believe that Lexie is no longer with us. Mark is still in a coma and I'm not sure when or if he's going to come out of it. Derek's hand is still recovering from the accident. Cristiana was in a bit of a rut and as soon as she can out she left. Meredith is surprisingly okay at least that's what it looks like on the surface. She told me that she was considering going to Harvard but she is still not sure yet. Arizona has lost her leg won't talk to anyone. Alex feels partly responsible because if he was on the plane this wouldn't have happened. I might sound a bit selfish but I'm glad Alex wasn't on that plane because I don't know what I would do if I lost him. Jackson and I working back to where we once were before the whole Stephaine incident and I can say he's been my light during all this darkness.

I lay in bed taking in all of Jackson's beautiful features while he sleeps. His soft pink lips, his freckles that stretch across his face, his curly hair since he's been growing it out, his-

"Why are you staring at me?" Jackson says with his husky voice that brings me out of my daze.

"I'm not staring. I'm admiring your beauty." I say giving him a peck on his lips.

"It's still a bit creepy." He says getting up to pull me closer to him.

"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes.

I lay in his arms for a bit longer. The room was silent but it was a comfortable silence and I appreciated every minute of it. It gave me time to think. Think about the past, the present, and the future of what is to come for Jackson and I.

We soon get up to go get ready for the day ahead of us.

One we reach the hospital we go our separate ways. I go Mark's room to say goodbye because today's the day they were going to pull the plug on him.

I sit next to his bed in a chair and begin to talk to him.

"Hey Mark. Um it's... it's been a while since we last spoke to each other. Um Mark.. I.. uh.. I just don't want to lose you." I say breaking down crying.

"Mark I miss you man. We've grow so close. Remember the first time we met each other and you tried to get me to go out with you." I say laughing.

*Flashback*

I was walking around the hospital and I saw a bunch of interns standing by the nurses station.

"Hey guys what's up with everyone standing over here?" I ask Cristiana and Meredith.

"That's what's up." Cristiana responds pointing to one of the hottest men I have seen in a while.

"Holy sh!t !!! Whose that?" I exclaim.

"We don't know but so far we've been calling him McSteamy. Oh sh!t he's coming over here." Cristiana says.

He strides over here and stops directly in front of me.

"Helloooo beautiful." He says showing off his million dollar smile while adding a wink.

" He says showing off his million dollar smile while adding a wink

"Hi" I say smiling back.

"So how's about we go out for drinks? And I get to know you better" He says.

Something told me this guy would be trouble so as much as I wanted to go out with him I had to decline.

"Thanks. But I'm going to have to decline. Catch you later..." I drag on the ending waiting for him to tell me his name.

"Sloan. Mark Sloan. And you are?"

"Malika. Malika Thomas." I say walking away. I could feel his eyes on my butt. So I added an extra sway in my hips.

*Flashback ends*

"But after that incident you became a brother to me. Mark I love you so much man. You were that overly flirty friend and I am going to miss that about you. I promise you I am going to help Callie and Arizona take care of Sofia and I promise that she will continue to know what an awesome man her father was." With that I give him a kiss on the cheek.

As I leave the room. I turn back one last time.

"Goodbye Mark Sloan."

I leave the room and go to the lounge where I see Jackson.

"Hey babe. What's up?" Jackson says approaching me.

"I just said my goodbye to Mark. Did you go already?" I say hugging him.

"Yeah. I said it already. I can't believe today's the day." He says sounding sad as ever.

I know it's hard on him. He had such a close relationship with Mark. Mark was his mentor and his fellow Plasticsquad member.

"Pretty boy come here. I know this is hard on you but I want to let you know I'm always going to be here for you. I love you Jackson." I say giving him a sweet kiss.

"I know babe. Losing Mark and Lexie made me realize that you need to keep the people you love close.... Malika I love you. I knew from the first time I met you in the locker room when you almost got into the fight with Reed you would have a big impact in my life. Everyday I spend with you makes me realize that I can not go without you. My mother adores you and that's really crazy to say because she has never liked any of my exes. When that Stephanie incident happened and you didn't talk to me for those couple of weeks I thought I was going to die. And I never want to feel that way again. So what I'm trying to say is..."

I hear different voices coming into the room and I turn to see who is interrupting Jacksons beautiful speech so I can yell at them.

"Will" Meredith says holding up a sign.

"You" April says doing the same.

"Marry" Derek says also holding up a sign.

"Me?" I hear Jackson say behind me.

I turn around to see him on one knee with the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in his hand.

OH..... MY.... LORD!!!

*A/N: Hey guys and girl!!! Thank you guys for being patient with me. So there it is Jackson proposed to Malika🙀🙀 What do you think she'll say🤔 And I recently learned how to insert gifs so I'll be using them a lot more now. And lastly I have a question: Would you guys want a smut chapter? 🤔😉 let me know in the comments. Thank you guys once again for supporting my book❤️ Love you😘*