Chapter 13

Jackson and I are about to make a year and I am so excited. So much has happened over the course of this year and it has brought us closer than ever. He's even met my siblings who love him. They were happy I had someone out here treating me right other than Alex.

We walk into the residents lounge hand in hand ready to start our first day as certified doctors.

"Babe are you excited. We're finally able to be calling the shots." Jackson says with a smile on his face.

"I know it's amazing." I say with a huge smile.

Once we finish getting ready we part ways I go to the interns locker room looking for my interns for rounds. Before I enter the locker room I overhear a conversation between the interns.

"Dr. Avery is so sexy." Stephanie says.

"I know but he is taken so we have to look else where" Leah responds with a sigh.

"I don't care if he's taken I'll do anything to get with him. Who's he in a relationship with anyway?" Stephaine responds.

I walk in before anyone could answer.

"That would be me. Hello I'm Dr. Thomas and I believe you're Dr. Edwards." I say with a sarcastic smile.

"D-D-Dr. Thomas I didn't mean what I said-" she stuttered out.

"You meant it and I'm just gonna warn against trying anything with Jackson cause then I'll have to show another side of me you don't want to see. Are we clear?"

"Um.. Yes we're clear." She says with a embarrassed look.

"Great. Let's go your on my service." I say with a smile.

I walk out the door as Stephaine scrabbles to keep up with me.

"Dr. Thomas I....I'm sorry for what I said." She mumbles.

"Stephaine look I don't care about anything you have to say if it does not involve a patient or your learning because this is a teaching hospital. Got it." I snap at her.

She nods quickly.

I go to the clinic with her and I have her work on sutures as a form of punishment.

I feel a slap on my butt I turn around ready to slap whoever did it when I am faced with my handsome boyfriend.

"Hey you scared me. I was about to slap you."

"My bad babe. How my gorgeous girlfriend doing?"

I was about to respond when I felt someone staring at us. I turn to see Stephaine staring at Jackson with awe.

This girl does not listen.

"Dr. Edwards I would appreciate if you payed attention to your patient instead of my boyfriend."

She quickly looks away and goes back to suturing.

"What's that about babe?" Jackson asks.

"Well when I went to go pick her up I overheard her and Leah talking about you. She said she would do anything to get you although Leah said you were taken. So I told her to cool it and she's basically ignored my warning." I say with anger. I really can't believe she ignored what I said.

Jackson pulls me close and gives me a kiss. "Ignore her babe. Because I only have eyes for you."

I can't help but blush at this. "I know babe but it still irritated me that she would even try to do that. Like come on he has a girlfriend?"

"Babe, no one is going to take me away from you. You have nothing to worry about. Okay, I gotta get going but I'll see you later and we can get some take out for dinner." Jackson says in an reassuring tone.

"Bye Pretty Boy." I say blowing him a kiss.

I turn to Stephaine. "Look Edwards I already warned you and I seem like you didn't get the first warning. So I'm going to tell you a second time stay away from Dr. Avery or I will make your intern experience a nasty one. Am I clear?"

"Crystal" She replies with an attitude.

"Now you're going to continue doing sutures until I say stop." I say walking away from her to go check on some patients.

I leave Edwards alone for awhile to go check on some patients. When I return I see that she isn't in her spot. "Where the hell did she go?" I think to myself. Something tells me to go check the on-call room.

I was not prepared for what was at the other side of that door.

I open the door to she Jackson kissing Edwards. I felt something inside of me breaking and all I could see was red.

I run to go attack Edwards but I am scooped up by Jackson. While she screams and runs out of the room. I am struggling to be free from Jackson's arms to go beat this bitxh's ass.

I turn to Jackson and push him away.

"How could you? How the fuxk could you? You have nothing to worry about my ass!" I yell at him.

"Babe I didn't kiss her she-"

"Don't fuxking babe me. I can't believe you would do this to me after all we've been through."

"I didn't do anything she kissed me."

"Sure she did. Why the fuck were you in a room with her? Matter a fact don't answer me. I don't wanna hear it. I'm done." I finish with letting all the tears I was holding fall.

"No. Please no. You don't mean that. I would never kiss her. I love you." Jackson pleads.

"Jackson I-" I couldn't even look at him anymore. I ran out the room crying.

"Malika!" I hear Jackson screaming but I don't turn back, I just keeping running.

I kept running until my legs gave out and stayed on the floor crying.

"Malika, what's wrong?" I concerned Meredith runs up to me saying.

"Malika, why are you crying?" Alex ask with a voice filled of concern and anger.

I couldn't help but crying the more I thought about it.

"Jackson.... Jackson cheated on me" I say while bursting into more tears.

Alex pulls me into a tight hug and keeps me there for a while. I stay frozen in that spot crying my eyes out. I can't believe he would do that.

*A/N: Hey guys I'm still in school but I found some free time to write this chapter☺️ Tell me what you guys think and I would love any sort of feedback. And thank you for reading my story it means a lot to me😁*