Chapter 3

When I get to the ER I noticed that's it's a bit packed with a lot of incoming trauma. I run up to Hunt and Cristina and ask him what's this about?

He quickly responded "Mercy West closed their trauma center. So all their traumas are coming here."

"So they assumed we had the space to take all their traumas." I responded a bit irritated.

"Yeah. So now we have to work harder and faster."

I feel people come up behind me. I turn to notice Jackson and a small amount of the Westers.

" I think we should use the zone system to make sure everyone has something to do and there is order." Jackson says after looking around a bit.

Cristiana scoffs at his idea and goes on to insult it. But Owen agrees and says we should follow the system.

"Nice job pretty boy." I smile at Jackson.

He smiles back and I go to work on a patient. I get my patient all set then all of a sudden the EMTs burst in with a whole bunch of commotion. Apparently a father found out his best friend is dating his younger daughter. I swear things that happen in this E.R would make a good show.

The father is yelling up a storm and not letting anyone help him and it was scaring the other patients so I go over to get him to calm down.

"Sir. I'm going to need to you calm down and let the doctors do their jobs."

He's yelling at me but I just ignore it and try to calm him down. Suddenly the daughter runs in and goes to her boyfriend and the dad overhears this and get really upset. He starts to advance towards the man and his daughter. I step in his way to calm him down and that's where I messed up. He pushed me to the side. I fall into the machines and he goes to attack the guy with a hammer. A frigging hammer when Jackson full on tackles the guy. After the guy is escorted by security everyone claps for Jackson and I'm still sitting in the floor because that push really hurt and I cut my arm.

Jackson comes over to me and helps me up.

"Hey why were you still on the ground?"

I roll my eyes and say "Because I was pushed really hard and it hurt dumbass. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go clean this cut" 

I go to walk and and I'm pulled back.

"I'll clean it for you come with me."

Jackson takes me to one of the empty rooms and begins to clean my cut. I stare at him while he's doing this taking in his beauty. He looks up at me and smiles.

"So tell me about yourself Dr. Thomas" he said with a smirk.

"How did you find out my last name I never told you this?" I say with a small laugh.

"I have my ways and you still haven't told me about yourself."

I roll my eyes."Well my name is Malika Thomas. I am a surgical resident and I live with my other half Alex-"

"Other half? Is he your boyfriend or something?"

"Ew. God no. Alex is my best friend. We've been friends since we were kids. We kind of both had to fend for ourselves and that just strengthen our bond. So he's basically my brother, best friend, and protector."

Jackson nodded his head as he finished cleaning my cut "Good. I'm glad you don't have a boyfriend.

"Why is that?"

"Because I won't have to fight anyone to make you mine." He says with a wink.

I look at him and laugh. "Who said that you'd be able to get me that easily?"

He gets up and comes really close to my face. "Who said I wasn't up for a challenge?"

With that he walks away. Leaving me shocked and feeling the tingles of his minty breath on my lips. I can feel my heart racing.

"This guy is coming to be the death of me." I say as I hope of the bed and walk out the room.