Chapter 23

I am about 5 and 1/2 months pregnant and I'm getting ready to tell everyone. It's been a bit hard trying to keep it from everyone but I've been managing. Jackson thought it would be a good idea to have a little announcement party. So here we are setting up our apartment for the party. We told everyone we wanted to have a game night as a cover up but we realized that playing a game would be a great way to announce my pregnancy.

"Babe I'm so excited to share our news with everyone." Jackson says while setting up some of the snacks.

"Me too. I can't wait to see their reactions."

We continue to set up but Jackson barely allows me to do anything. Does this man not know I stand in up to 8 hour long surgeries and I am continuously on my feet? I just allow him to do all the work while we wait.

Our doorbell rings and I open in to see Derek, Meredith, and Alex.

"Hey guys thanks for coming."

"No problem. I'm ready for some games." Derek says.

We wait a while and everyone else shows up. We start to play a couple different games.

Towards the end we are playing charades. Jackson and I are on the same team.

It's our turn.

"Okay guys it's an event. To start to off one word."

I gesture to Jackson and I.

"We?" Alex guess.

We nod our heads.

"Next word"

"3 letters?" Meredith guess as Jackson puts 3 fingers up.

We demonstrate what the next word is and it takes a while until someone get its.

"Are?" Mark guesses.

I nod my head.

"3 words." Callie reads out after looking at my fingers.

I start to motion towards my stomach and put my hands a rocking motion.

"Rocking a baby?" Derek guess.

We shake our heads.

I start to fake push and Jackson pretends to deliver the baby.

"Having a baby?" Arizona guessed.

We nodded are heads.

"We are having a baby!" April exclaims.

"Yes!" We shout.

Everyone looks confused. The first person for the thought to click for was Cristina.

"Holy sh!t!!! Avery and Malika are having a kid."

"Yeah!!!" Jackson shouts.

"I call godfather." Mark says.

The girls run over to me and start to rub my belly.

"We're not just having one baby. We're having twins."

"OMG!! I'm so excited for you guys!!" Callie gushes.

"Thank you." I say while smiling and rubbing my belly.

"How many months are you?" Miranda ask.

"5 and 1/2" Jackson asnwers with a huge smile on his face.

"How the hell were you able to keep up and perform all those surgueries?" Mark says.

"To be honest I don't know. Like there were times when I was tired but I was able to manage."

"Do you know what y'all are having?"

"Yeah were having a boy-"

"Yes!!!!" I hear Alex cheer.

"Sorry guys. I've been wanting to know what she was having for a while."

"Wait he knew." April says.

"Of course I knew before the rest of you. I'm her best friend." He says rolling his eyes.

"Anyways the second baby is a girl."

"Awwwww a boy and a girl. This is absolutely precious." Miranda says while pulling me into a hug.

"Are you ready to be a dad Jackson?" Derek asks.

"I am so ready for those little babies. I know it's going to be hard with us both being doctors but we're gonna make this work. Our kids are never gonna feel like we neglect them or don't care about them. I'm going to protect and love those two babies with every fiber of my being."

"Awwwww baby." I say going up to him and giving him a kiss.

"Who knew Avery was such a sap?"

"Alex shut up!" I say laughing.

We talk about the babies a bit more before we had to call it a night seeing that everyone had work tomorrow.

Jackson and I are getting ready for bed and we start to talk about the future.

"Babe what do you think our kids will be like?"

"Well I hope they have their mommy's fighter spirit and they have my smooth talking skills."

"Shut up Jackson. You are not smooth at all."

"Baby you know I'm smoother than butter."

"OMG you're so corny." I say cracking up.

"But in all seriousness I hope our a mix of us."

"Me too. I can't wait for them to come."

*A/N: 21k views!!!!!!! OMG 😲 Thank you guys so much for the love and support. I really appreciate it😢❤️️ Sorry it's a little bit short guys but this is kind of a filler chapter. Can you guys let me know what you guys think? Don't forget to vote and comment. Also check out my new story. Love you guys💖*