22

"So how's things with you and Luke?" Celeste asked. The six of us had decided to take a walk along the beach and then up to some cliffs. We hadn't done much today and Luke and I were a bit off since our discussion yesterday.

"We're good I think"

"You think?"

"We were discussing our plans for after school yesterday and he told me he wants to go to college in Brisbane"

"Oh shit"

"Yeah"

"What are your plans?"

"I want to move to the city and get a job or do an internship"

"You're gonna be quite far from one another"

"Exactly"

"You two have been through loads before. You'll make it through this. You just need to talk to each other"

"I know" We kept walking, Celeste telling me stories about Luke and her relationship with Jack. We eventually got to the cliff and stood looking at the view. I felt arms wrap around my waist and turned my head to see Luke.

"Can we talk?" I nodded and followed him over to a bench. We sat down and he took my hand in his. "I don't want us to be all worried about what's going to happen"

"I just don't want anything to happen to us"

"It won't. Everything will work out for the best. We just need to carry on as we were and see what happens when it happens instead of worrying. We'll break us up over nothing"

"Who knew you were so wise?" He smirked before pecking my lips.

****

"We go home tomorrow"

"Can't we stay here forever?"

"Sadly not"

"I don't want to go to school. It's literally the last thing I want to do"

"Me too"

"Let's drop out"

"I wish but we can't"

"Urgh"

"Let's go watch a film"

*****

"So, where's next?" I asked as Luke drove.

"What do you mean?"

"We've done pretty much the whole of Australia, where should we go next?"

"Brisbane"

"Lu"

"What?"

"Stop trying to make me go to Brisbane"

"I'm not trying to make you"

"Yes, you are. Just stop. You don't even know if you're going to get in there so stop going on about fucking Brisbane"

"Sorry" He mumbled leaving us in an awkward silence for the rest of the journey. The only sound was the radio.

*****

"You want to come back to mine?" Luke asked as we entered our town.

"I think I'll just go home, thanks" He nodded. We soon pulled up outside my house. We both got out of the car. I grabbed my bag from the back seats before turning to Luke.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" I nodded and pecked his cheek quickly.

"Thanks for this weekend"

"You're welcome" He smiled at me as I walked away and into my house.