14

Day 10 - 1:56pm

"Where are we going?"

"I promised I'd buy you ice cream and we're back here so it makes sense" Luke said as he held the door open to the ice cream parlour he'd pulled me away from on the first few days of the road trip. "What do you want?"

"Chocolate chip cookie dough" Luke nodded and went to the counter to order. I sat down in the other half of the store where there were a few tables and chairs. A couple of the tables were already taken. I sat in the corner where it was more private. He came over a few minutes later and placed the cup in front of me with a bright pink spoon stuck in the ice cream. "Thank you"

"You're welcome"

"So, what's going to happen when we get back tomorrow?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like are things going to change between us?"

"I don't want them too"

"Me neither"

"This is weird though, right?"

"How so?"

"Because we didn't really get on"

"You were annoying"

"Says you"

"Our parents are going to be ecstatic when we get home. My mum's having lunch at yours tomorrow so I'll get dropped off there" None of us had told our parents we were coming home earlier than they thought. We were going to surprise them.

"Then we can tell them we're together"

"We're not technically together" Luke looked at me confused. "We're not official"

"Why do we need to label it?"

"Maybe not yet but at some point"

"I still don't get why"

"Don't you want guys to know that I'm off limits? Girls are always flirting with you at school and I don't want to have to worry"

"I could still cheat on you"

"I'd hope not"

"I wouldn't. I'd never dream of it. I'm just saying"

"My point is I'm yours and you're mine"

"I like the sound of that"

"Exactly" It fell silent for a few minutes whilst we both ate.

"Maddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Um, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"I'd like that"

"This is fucking crazy"

"I know right"

"In year seven, I really liked you"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah"

"When we all become friends in year eight, I'll admit I found you kind of cute with your long fringe and Good Charlotte band shirts"

"We don't talk about the fringe"

"It'll always be in my memory"

"You know Michael and I didn't get on because his fringe was longer than mine then we got on for Calum and now we actually get on"

"Cool story, bro"

"Not your bro, that would be weird"

"Fine then, dude"

"You're one of a kind, Madison"

"I may be but I'm also your girlfriend"