Chapter 19

Jordan's POV

I had gone looking for Dani after having a break down in the bathroom. Yeah yeah, I get it, I'm a dude. But so what? The thought of losing Dani was the one thing that could crush me. She meant the world to me. That's why I totally flipped out and my anger took over when I saw Dani struggling to break free of the sick disgusting psychopath that held onto her. I broke into a full on sprint to get to where they were in the forest and as soon as I got there, it was like a switch was flipped. I yanked him off Dani in one swift motion and immediatley started givivng him blows to the face and jaw. Honestly, he wasn't a small man, but I had taken him by surprise. After a few moments, the guy's face was bleeding so bad that you couldn't tell where the wounds were. I would have kept going but then I felt Dani tugging on my arms. As so as I dropped the guy to the ground, I looked at her. Her eyes were full of fear, but also happiness. Before I could stop myself, I wrapped her in one of the biggest hugs I've ever given her, hoping and praying to god that she never let go.

Dani's POV

I let go of Jordan grudgingly and stood back on my own two feet. We simply looked at eachother for a few seconds. You would think it was kind of awkward, but it wasn't. That's just how we were, we could be in complete silence and be comfortable. Ruining the moment, I felt words run out of my mouth. I began apologizing for how I had acted, how I ran away, and I was about to say sorry for many more thinks when he cut me off.

"No, no. I'm sorry. You're right. I have no right to allow or bann you from liking someone. I was just...worried."

"I know, and I'm glad you were."

Suddenly, Jordan's eyes went huge.

"What?" I asked. Without an ansser, he lifted up my chin and traced the inside of my neck with his fingers. It would've tickled, if it hadn't hurt so much. "Ow!." I said, swatting his hands away.

"Sorry, Dani. It's just, your neck is covered with bruises, and...so is your shoulder." He said tracing the outline of my shoulder. I nodded as if it were nothing, because if I made it into even a slight something, Jordan would have freaked. I could tell by his eyes that he was really unstable right now. We walked back to the car silently, niether of us dareing to say a word. This sure was going to be an awkward ride home.

Jordan's POV

We got into my car and I started the engine. "Do you think Ty and your parents heard our little...umm...fight?"

"Um, no. None of them were home."

"Oh. Okay."

A few more moments of silence passed before I said anything, but I knew I had to. "Look, Dani. I'm really really sorry.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"No, please let me finish. You have to understand."

She nodded, signaling me to go forward. "I'm so unbeleivabley sorry about everything I said to you. You aren't stupid, not even close! You're probably the smartest person I know, it's just, what you said about the guitar, it set something off. I didn't mean to scare you like that. I don't ever want you to be afraid of me. And I'm sorry about saying that you can't take care of yourself. I was just really worried about you and I don't want him to change you. You're perfect the way you are. Maybe I was a little jealous, too. It's just the first thing that came to my mind with you two liking eachother was that he was going to mold you into some little female version of him. I was terrified that...that my Dani would leave me... I'm so Sorry."

By the end of my little speech, my eyes were glued to the floor. I was scared about what she was thinking. While thinking about everything she could say back that could crush me, I heard her laugh quietly. I looked up to see her gazeing at me intently, smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You're the biggest dork I know if you ever thoght that I'd change for anyone, let alone leave you. You're my brother, remember?"

I nodded and smiled, happy that I hadn't lost my Dani. There was only one problem though. I felt a little, small, tiny stab in my heart. There was something thtat I didn't like about what she said. Dani had just told me I was her brother. I should be happy about that, but I couldn't be. I have no clue why, but I felt this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm her brother, and nothing more.

Dani's POV

We were sitting in silence as I turned my head to look out the window. He hadn't denied it. I couldn't lie to myself anymore. Some piece of me, no matter how small, wanted Jordan to say that we were more than just siblings, but that would never happen.