Chapter 4

Arlandria on the side!!!

Jordan's POV

Dani came out of the bathroom a few minutes later looking comfortable and content. "Your bathroom is weirdly clean." She stated. "Wow. OK. What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing really. I just thought you'd be a total boy and be all disgusting and messy."

"Well, Is that really what you expected of me?"

"Well, let's face it, Jordan. You're not the neatest person I know in general." She laughed.

"So let's see. First you call me a "Loser" and then you decide to go and assume that I'm messy... Hmm. That's not fair if you ask me."

"Yeah.... You're right. But then again....Who said I asked you in the first place? I mean come on, why would I ask you?" She joked.

"Why are you so mean to me? I'm really hurt at how insensitive you are."

"Ummm, I need something to laugh at don't I?"

"Oh....So you want to laugh, do you now?"

Her eyes widened as she quickly comprehended what I was saying.  She ran across my room faster than I'd ever seen her move, but hey, I play soccer which means I'm about twice as fast. I bounded after her as she yelped and whined telling me she had been "just kidding". Finally, the anxiety became too much for her and she gave up, curling into a ball in a corner. I wasn't going to let her off that easy.  I found the strength to uncurl her and straddled her waist. As soon as my fingers touched her sides, she went crazy. I never knew my best friend was this ticklish, but I'm glad I found out. She pleaded with me to stop as my fingers made their way up to her ribs. This was so much fun.

Danielle's POV

I couldn't take it anymore. Jordan had found my weakness and I knew he'd never let it go unnoticed again. "Please! Jordan Stop!! Haaahaaa!! It tickles!!" I yelled. "I'm pretty sure that's the point Dani." He answered. After a couple more minutes, he finally let me up. "You're so mean. You know that?"

He just laughed at me for a few seconds. "Hey, I made you laugh. How is that mean? Plus, you started it."

"Whatever."

"I never knew you were that ticklish, Dani. It's pretty funny."

I just shook my head and curled up on his bed. All of a sudden, I heard my phone buzzing on his bed side table. When I looked at my flashing screen, it read Arlandria. Arlandria was my best friend, aside from Jordan. She was my best "girlfriend" you could say. I still was closer to Jordan, but she understood that. There were just a few things that I couldn't do with a guy by my side. The text read Where the hek are you? Your mom just called mine. She's really mad.

Of course. Instead of worrying about me, she's plotting my grounding for when I return home. This was the exact reason I had left. Don't worry. I'm fine. I'll explain the whole thing later. Don't tell her I answered you though. I'm not ready for her.

Where are you? Are you stranded? Since when does my Goody Goody of a best friend go and run away?

When she's tired of being treated like crap.

You still haven't answered my first question. WHERE ARE YOU?

I told you I'm fine. I'm safe and I'm not stranded outside.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU

No need for cussing dude. Don't worry. And please don't tell anyone you got in contact with me. I G2G bye.

I knew Landria wouldn't tell anyone. She's a rebel herself and deep down she knew I'd be fine. "Who was it?" Jordan asked.

 "Oh, just Landria. She was worried and wondering where I was."

"Did you tell her?"

"Nah. I don't want to be found right now."

"Oh, Okay. Plus, I doubt she'd be able to keep her big mouth shut."

"She's a really good person once you get to know her."

"Whatever. I still don't know how you guys ended up being friends."

"Some people would say the same thing about us."

"Nope. They're too busy spreading rumors about us being a couple." He snorted.

After that, I shut up. I don't know why, but the way he said it hurt me. It was as if the idea was totally absurd. We didn't feel that way about each other, but still. I really have no idea why it bothered me, but it did. "I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed." I said.

"Here, Take my bed. I'll sleep on the floor. You look pretty comfortabe there anyway."

"Okay, thanks. Good night.

As I drifted off into sleep, I felt a single tear make its way down my flaming cheek.