Chapter 13

Picture of Danielle on the Side!!!!

Jordan's POV

"Mom?! Uh...um, hey mom."

"Hey, Honey. Is everything okay?"

What the heck?! Why is my mom here? She's never back from her "responsibilities" before it's dark. I threw my hand behind my back and motioned for Dani to run to my room. Luckily, she understood and I heard the mattress being dragged with her. "What? Nothing. Why would you think something is wrong?"

"Nor reason. So, can we come in. Your dad is turning off the car." She said motioning to the red Ford Focus that stood in our driveway.

"Uh, yeah. Come on in." I opened the door wide and prayed that Dani was in my room by now. My mom came in and looked around like she was searching for something. "Um, Hun. Where's Tyler?" Oh shoot. I totally forgot that he was at Mrs. Forner's house. "He's with Mrs. Forner."

"Oh, Okay. Do you mind going to get him. We are home now so he can come back now."

"Yeah, sure. Let me just go get something from upstairs." I bounded up the steps and ran to my room. Dani was on my bed looking at the ceiling and jumped up when she saw me. "Oh! It's just you."

"Yeah. Sorry about this; they normally don't come home until me and Ty are already sleeping. But can you please just stay in here?"

"Yeah, sure. No problem. I'm used to being trapped and abandoned in a room."

My eyes widened in horror. Had her parents really locked her in a room?

"It was a joke, Jordan. Calm down."

"Oh. Okay. Don't scare me like that, Dani. 'Kay? I have to go now, but don't destroy my room."

"I'm not 5, you know. But yeah, don't worry. I won't."

"Perfect! I'll be back as soon as I can." And with that, I closed the door and made my way downstairs.