Chapter 22

Jordan's POV

"I...um..wha-...she's not-...uh" I stuttered.

"Oh please. I'm really late for a meeting I have with my attorney, so please give her to me. I know she's here." The fake smile that was plastered on her face faultered and left a very bored and annoyed look. This woman's daughter had been missing for what? Two or three days? How could she have not been concerned or worried at all?

"Excuse me, but for one, Dani isn't your property, she's your daughter. How come you act as if you don't care about her at all? It's selfish and sick!"

"Don't give me a lecture. Besides, I'm here for her now, aren't I?"

"How do you know she's even here? You called the other day and I told you she wasn't here, didn't I?" I glared at her.

"Oh, so she's not here? Do you really want to lie to my face? There is something called location trackers on phones nowadays. Now, send her out before I get your parents. They don't know she's here, do they?" Damn it. I paused for a moment and tried to decide what to do, but was rudely interrupted when Renee pushed past me.

"What are you doing? I don't remember inviting you in." She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Mr. and Mrs. Masin?" She called out confidently. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. I tried to quiet her down, but she called out my parents name again. Within a few minutes, both my parents stumbled out of their room. They looked at me, searching for an answer but I just stood there with my mouth open like an idiot.

"Good morning, Mr. Masin." She said shaking my dad's hand. "I'm Renee Reever, Danielle's mother."

"Danielle?" I told you they had no clue what went on in my life. "Jordan, is that your girlfriend?" I blushed almost instantly. "No, dad." I mumbled.

"He only wishes." Renee cut in. "But back to the matter at hand, your son has been housing my daughter for the past three days. I called him earlier in the week asking about her, but he simply lied to me and told me she wasn't 't here. My phone company has a location tracker in their phones, so they activated it in her phone. The tracker led me right here. Now, Jordan here refuses to give me back my daughter, as ridiculous as that sounds. I just wanted to let you know about the unknown and unwelcome guest that his been in your house recently." Once again, I stared open mouthed like an idiot. How could she turn this on me? She's the one who abused her freaking daughter! My parents looked to me, expressions of shock and anger mixed on their faces.

"Mom, dad, she's lying!"

"Really? I am? So, Danielle isn't here?" She asked mockingly. Ugh, I already hated her.

"Well...Okay...She's not technically lying, but she's not telling you the whole truth!"

"Okay, obvioulsy yall' have some things to talk about as a family, so I'll just take my daughter and leave."

"For the last freaking time, SHE'S NOT PROPERTY! She's your daughter, maybe you should start treating her like one!" Okay, it's safe to say that I lost it at that moment, but I was flipping out! She couldn't take Dani away. She'd hurt her again, and I couldn't let that happen. I bolted to my room and shook Dani awake. "Dani, wake up! Dani, please. Wake up!" After a few more moments of shaking, Dani finally opened her eyes. "What? What's so important that you had to wake me?" She said groggily. I stared at her, not sure how she was going to take the news.

"Dani, your mom is here..."