Chapter 6

Jordan's little bro on the side!

Jordan's POV

I knew what my brother, Dani, and I were going to do today. Now, the only thing to do was introduce my brother to Dani, and hope he can keep it a secret. "Okay, well... My parents are gone and I need to watch my brother, so let's go!"

"Go where?" She looked slightly confused.

"You're going to meet my brother."

"Um, isn't the point to keep me staying here a secret?"

"Well, yes. But do you really want to stay i here all day long?" I knew Dani actually could stay in here for as long as she wanted and be fine with it, but I was determined to get her out to have some fun.

"Well...."

"That was a retorical question. Let's go."

I wrapped my hand around her wrist and pulled her out of my room, as she grudgingly came along. We walked over to my little brother's room and I knocked twice. While waiting for him to answer, I noticed that Dani was hiding slightly behind me. " You do realize it's a little brother, not an older one, right? I chuckled as she rolled her eyes but stayed silent. My brother's door opened a few seconds later, giving Dani the chance to see what she was so afraid of. He stood there with his hair dishiveled and crazy from tossing and turning in his sleep. Before he could notice Dani, I walked into his room and closed the door. Not to be rude to Dani, but he needed to know how important it was that this stay between us. "Look, Ty. There's something you need to know, and I need you to keep it a secret, okay? Mom and dad can't know; no one can." He looked at me confused, but nodded. Tyler was very smart and understanding for only being 7 years old. "Okay. So, my best friend is here. She's going to be staying with us for a little bit. She's really nice, and her name is Dani. Remember, no one can know."

"Okay, but why is your best friend a girl?"

"Umm. Actually, I don't know. She just is. You'll love her."

"Do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Love Dani?"

I don't know why, but I felt the room get a tad hotter as my brother practically accused me of being in love with my best friend. It probably wasn't the way he meant it, but still. The thought had come to my mind once or twice, but I knew Dani would never like me that way. Plus, I knew our friendship was strong, but I didn't know if it was strong enough to handle what would happen if we were to break up.

"Yeah. Of course I love Dani, but only as a sister. I love her just like I love you, mom, and dad."

He nodded, but I could've sworn I saw a gleam in his eyes. He went to the door before I had a chance to question it any longer. He opened the door and smiled at Dani. But still, as they were introducing themselves, the thoughts brought on by my brother's question bounced around in my head as I tried to make sense of them all. Could I like Dani? Could I love her? Could she love me?