Chapter 3

Jordan Masin on Side!!

Danielle's POV

I closed the door as quietly as I could, hearing it click shut at the very last second before Jordan's mom came in. He didn't talk about her much, but I knew she was a nice woman. Then again, I don't think any woman would react nicely to finding a girl hiding in their teenage son's closet. "Hey, your dad and I are going to head to bed. I just wanted to let you know to not stay up to late. You have to get up early to watch your brother when we leave. Okay?"

"How could I forget? I mean you've been leaving mysteriously for the past week now. I guess I'm kind of used to being left to take care of my brother." Jordan said accusingly.

"Honey, please. You have to understand. We have responsibilities that need to be taken care of an--"

"Responsibilities? I know one 'responsibility' that you have.One freakin' responsibility, and you leave me here to do it for you! Tyler has been asking where you've been, and do you know what I have to tell him? I have to tell him that you're out doing things that we probably don't understand because they're adult things. He misses you guys, but you're gone too much to notice."

His mother looked on the verge of tears with this outburst coming from her son from what I could see through the small spaces on Jordan's door. Her usually "happy-go lucky" son.

"It's fine. I'll feed him and who knows? I may take him out to do something later on. Just go, do whatever respnsibilities that need to be taken care of."   He sounded worn out and tired. Now, I just felt bad for barging in on his life when he all ready had so much to deal with based on the looks of things. I needed to leave. He didn't need more dead weight on his shoulders. Angelina ( I think he had mentioned her name once) left quietly with a quick nod. As soon as the door to his room closed, I opened the door that blocked me from escaping and moved on to the door that would lead me outside. Jordan looked at me, confused, as I left. He probably thought I was crazy. "Dani, where are you going?" he called as he followed me. "Why are you leaving? What's wrong?" I turned around to face him, a slight sad smiale plastered on my face. If he knew I was hurt that I had to leave, he would do anything in his power to make me happy again and keep me from leaving. "I have to go. I never should've came here. You have enough going on in your life. I on't want to be another burden."

"Dani, that....That was nothing. I can handle that. You don't need to leave. Where would you go anyway?"

"I don't know. I'll call Arlandria. I can stay with her. You have your brother to take care of, and I don't know what I was thinking coming here. It only caused you trouble."

I was on the verge of tears myself now. I honestly had no idea why either. Maybe I was just in overdrive here with all these emotions swirling around in my head. I mean come on, I really had no reason to cry if you thought about it. "You're not going anywhere. You're my best friend and could never be a burden to me. If anything, you're just making me happy by being here." Jordan said. He eveloped me in a hug and I knew that if we didn't hurry up and decide what was going to happen here, people would start to notice our huge scene. "I'm crazy, aren't I? I asked. He stopped hugging me and just stared. "You're extremly crazy, but I wouldn't have you any other way. Plus, if you weren't crazy, my day wouldn't have been near as eventful." he laughed.

Jordan's POV

I threw Dani over my shoulder and carried her inside, hearing all the usual whines about her not being a rag doll. Oh, Dani. She made me laugh. I tossed her on my bed, enjoying this fun light-hearted tone that we had going on. "So, where were we?" I asked. "Oh, yeah. You're staying here for a while and it shouldn't be that hard to keep it a secret that you are with my parents being gone all tomorrow." Dani gave me a sad and inquisitive look, urging me to tell her what had been going on with my home life. I just ignored her questioning look, hoping she'd think I didn't notice, but she knew I had. That's just how we were. I understood her just as well as she understood me. It was our thing. I quietly walked over to my dresser and pulled out a shirt and some sweats. "You may want to get out of those wet clothes before you end up getting sick. I don't really feel lie haveing a sick person stay in my room. Ew." I jokingly said. I tossed the clothes to her and pointed towards the bathroom and could've sworn I heard the word "loser" muffled under her breath as she walked away. Dani, Dani, Dani.....