Chapter 7

Danielle's POV

Shortly after having the door swung in my face, it opened again, revealing a young boy that looked to be around 7 and a half years old. This observation was made by looking only at his face, because based on his height, you would think he was about 10 years old. He had shaggy hair just like Jordan, but his was a light brown. "Hi, I'm Tyler, but everyone calls me Ty."

"Well hi, Ty. I'm Danielle, but everyone calls me Dani." He smiled sweetly at me and shook my hand. Was this how all 7 year olds act? My sister was 10 and never once acted like this. I was suddenly being nudged to go downstairs by Jordan while he gave me a weird look. "Sorry", I said, "I sort of zoned out."

"Um, it's okay. I have to feed Ty and based on the sounds coming from your stomach, I'm guessing you're hungry, too?" He smirked at me. As if on cue, a low rumble emitted from my stomach. It suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't eaten since my dinner had been interrupted last night.

"Oh, wow. That's embarrassing. I guess I am hungry. Ty, what do you normally have for breakfast? Ty looked up in the air and seemed to be thinking. After a few silent seconds, a smile grew on his face.

"I know what we should have for breakfast today!" he said. He grabbed my arm and made a mad dash to the kitchen, pulling me along with him. I heard Jordan laugh behind us. Once we were in the kitchen, Jordan told Ty and I to sit at the table. Wow, I sure did feel like a kid. Before I could seat myself, Ty ran over and pulled out my chair for me. "Wow, Jordan. Your brother is such a gentlemen. What happened to you?"

"You better watch it, Dani. My brother may be young, but he's decently strong. He could help me tickle you next time."

"I'll be shutting up now."

"That's what I thought. Anyway, Ty, what did you want for breakfast?"

The little boy ran to his brother, and whispered in his ear.

"Really? That's what you want?"

"Yup. And make it all decorated, too!"

Jordan just shook his head and went to work on the mystery breakfast. Then, Ty made me face him and said I couldn't see what was for breakfast. According to him, it was a surprise. We talked for a while, and Ty sure did make me laugh. He told me a bunch of funny things that Jordan had done, and literally got me to laugh too loud. He would then quiet me down so that Jordan didn't get suspicious. In the middle of our conversation, I felt a pair of hands rest themselves above my eyes. "Oh, geez . Is this really necessary?" Both Ty and Jordan laughed.

"Of course! Ty, go get the plate, please. It's on the island." I heard a giggle come from Ty. "Okay, ready Dani?"

I nodded silently as Jordan peeled his hands off my eyes, revealing a plate with two waffles side by side. One waffle had a head of whipped cream hair, two blueberry eyes, a strawberry nose, and a mouth that consisted of a row of chocolate Teddy Grahams. It also had a sprinkle of powdered sugar on both of its cheeks. The other waffle had whipped cream for hair too, but the "hair" was longer and drifted off the waffle and onto the plate. It had two banana slices for eyes, and a chocolate Teddy Graham for a nose. The mouth was a few swivels of chocolate syrup. All in all, it was very creative, and the waffles greatly reseambled a boy and girl. I was about to comment on how beautiful they looked when I noticed something I hadn't before. In the corner of the plate, there was chocolate syrup writing. It read: Best Friends Forever, Dani and Jordan. It was so creative and pretty. I jumped up and gave Jordan a huge hug. "It looks amazing, Jordan! Thank you!"

"You're welcome, you're welcome! See, I can be an artist when I want to be."

I just laughed and heard Ty clearing his throat. That's when I realized that my arms were still wrapped around Jordan's neck, and his were still wrapped around my waist. Talk about an awkward moment. That's when I let go. "Oh, um, sorry. I, um."

"Yeah, so, um. I'm going to go get Ty's plate." With that, Jordan walked off, leaving me standing there, a pink blush staining my cheeks. I turned back to the table and found Ty giving me a weird look. "What?" I asked.

"Ohh, nothing."