Chapter 15

Jordan's POV

As soon as my bathroom door clicked shut, I flopped on my bed. Dani was texting Luke? Why was she texting him? I remember when we were friends, best friends actually. He was really cool and we hung out alot, but then he changed. He wasn't funny and loud anymore, he was rude and obnoxious, even arrogant. He changed and decided to push people away. He broke up with his girlfriend of 7 months, skipped school, and did pot a few times. I gave up trying to help him and just went along with his facade for a while because I knew his life was getting more difficult with his parents' divorce and his sister's illness, but then he went too far. What if he changed Dani? I couldn't lose her, not to him. Without thinking, I looked over at my bed side table. There lay Dani's phone. I shouldn't invade her privacy like that, right? Instinctively, I snatched the blue phone off the table and scrolled to her messages. They had texted for 3 hours straight, and the think was, she trusted him. She had told him everything that had happened; she hadn't even told Arlandria what had happened. She couldn't be dumb enough to trust him, she just couldn't. I put Dani's phone back on the desk where she had left it and was left to the thoughts in my head. I wouldn't let her get hurt by him.

Dani's POV

I finished towel drying my hair and threw it into a quick ponytail. I know it's bad to sleep with wet hair, but I could seriously care less. When I stepped out of the bathroom, the clock read 8 pm. This day had really gone by fast. Jordan was laying flat on his bed with his eyes closed and jolted awake when I attacked the bed. "Whoa! Whoa! What happppened?" he mumbled.

"Really? You fell asleep smart one."

He rubbed his head and turned to look at me. "Oh Sorry. It's been a long day."

I nodded in agreement. "So....Now what?"

"Well, I know you don't care, but there is a football game on. I can teach it to you if you want."

"Yeah, that sounds educational." We spend the rest of the night in his room watching the game and yelling at eachother. I just didn't get what was so funny about me being clueless about this very complicated game. Anyway, by the time I knew it, I felt a wave of sleepiness wash over me. It was unbeleivably hard to keep my eyes open and the last thing I remember was watching the Doritos commercial.

Jordan's POV

I looked down at Dani, careful to not move her. She had fallen asleep, her head falling on my shoulder. I guess learning a ton of information about a sport you didn't understand could do that to you. I was 10:30 and I decided to get Dani into my bed. Okay, I know that sounded incredibly wrong, but that's not what I meant at all. Watching her head, I picked her up bridal style and walked slowly to my bed. I rested her head on the pillow and released the rest of her as I pulled the blanket up to her chin. She looked so peaceful and beautiful as she slept. Wait, what? I did not just think that. I seriously need to get some sleep. I laid down on my floor and tried to go to bed, but all I ended up doing was tossing and turning. No matter which way I lay, I couldn't go to sleep. This whole Dani and Luke thing was still fresh in my head. It had bothered me during the game, too. I sat up and looked around the room, trying to desperately find something to do or gt my mind off things. All of a sudden, I had a sudden urge. I hadn't done it in forever, well, ever since my grandmother had died from breast cancer. I was a mess then because she had meant everything to me. I sighed to myself and went ot my closet to dig for what I knew would calm me, as cheesy as that sounds. I reached up to my shelf and felt around until I felt a hard smooth handle. Yes, finally. I tried to be as quiet as possible as I pulled out my dusty old guitar.