The Sand Village Attacks! ✔

"I killed her. She's dead. I murdered someone," I chanted, rocking back and forth, my eyes wide with horror.

"Naruko..." Kakashi whispered. A lone tear streamed down my cheek, turning red as it passed through the blood splattered across my face.

Kakashi grabbed my shoulder, looking down at me. "It'll be okay," he whispered. I shook my head violently.

"No! I killed her, Kakashi!" I snarled. Kakashi sighed.

"I've had to kill people too, Naruko." He answered. I relaxed a little bit, not watching as the medics carried her body away.

Suddenly, there was an explosion where the Hokage was sitting. I jumped up, eyes wide. "What's going on?! The old man!" I yelled, nearly forgetting about the previous events.

A bunch of ANBU rushed over to the explosion area. And all the spectators began to slowly pass out. I jumped into the stands, following Kakashi. I stood by him and Gai as they yelled at an ANBU for staying behind.

Suddenly, a bunch of Sound ninja jumped out of random places, lining up next to the fake ANBU. All the spectators and Genin were passed out, and I started to feel woozy myself. I quickly put my hands together and said, "Kai; Release!"

The genjutsu cast on me dispersed and I regained my composer, glaring at the enemies who were standing before us.

"Quite a lot of them, huh." Kakashi said.

"We've been careless. And now even Lord Hokage!" Gai added. He looked up and gasped.

"Look, there! Inside the barrier!" He said. We all looked there, and saw Orochimaru holding a kunai to the Old mans neck.

I gasped as a sudden pain rolled through my shoulder. The curse mark... I hissed, grabbing it and clutching the cloth laying above it. "Orochimaru..." We all growled.

Suddenly, behind us, two ninja threw kunai at Sakura. Before I could help, Kakashi was already there. He blocked the kunai, and smiled down at Sakura. "Sakura, Naruko, stay there while we trim the numbers down. Especially you, Naruko...." He ordered.

I scowled but nodded anyways, sitting down. I clutched the curse mark and watched the Jounin fight the Sound nin. Sakura looked at me, worried. "Is it the mark?" She asked. I nodded solemnly.

"Sakura, release the genjutsu. Wake Naruto and Shikamaru. Naruto will be delighted, but be careful. This is the first A rank assignment since the Land of Waves," Kakashi ordered. A rank mission?! Jackpot! I screamed mentally, smiling.

"Sasuke's after Gaara. Wake them both and follow Sasuke." He ordered. He cut his thumb, and summoned a tiny pug. I sweatdropped.

"Huh?" Sakura asked.

"Pakkun here will track down Sasuke by scent," Kakashi said.

"Wait... Our 5th member is seriously a puppy?" Sakura asked. I giggled as he jumped up to Sakura's face. 

"Listen here, girl. Don't go around saying I'm just some cute puppy," Pakkun ordered. I sweatdropped. She never said cute....

"Alright, now go!" Kakashi  ordered us. We nodded and crouched down, crawling through the seats past our unconcious friends. We got up to Naruto, and Sakura released the genjutsu that was cast on him.

Sakura crawled over to Shikamaru. His eye started to twitch. Me and Sakura sweatdropped. "You were awake... The whole time..." I muttered.

Pakkun sniffed Shikamaru's leg, then bit it. I laughed as Shika sat up, rapidly trying to shake Pakkun off. "Why were you sleeping this whole time?!" Sakura growled.