The race is on!

Sorry for exploding yesterday XD I was just so mad ._. I don't even know why it was completely blank, it was weird o.O

------------------------------------------------

Naruko's POV

(I'm just gonna skip one of the parts. Too lazy to write it.)

We had currently just gotten to Nagi Island, thankfully.

Idate had jumped off the boat earlier, followed by the rest of us. We were attacked by Rain ninja, and they had set our boat on fire.

Afew minutes earlier, Naruto and I used our Rasengan to create a whirlpool, knocking the same Rain ninja away. They were obviously gone now.

But now, we were running to catch up to Idate.

In the distance, we saw some random Rain nin standing over Idate, whom was lying on the ground, looking helpless.

"IDATE!" Naruto yelled. The boys eyes snapped open. "You rat" Naruto growled at the Rain ninja.

"Are you in charge of those Rain village ninja?" Naruto demanded. Sakura bounded up to Idate, checking to see if he was okay.

"Apparently they weren't up for the job... In a contest of Genin it appears the Leaf are stronger..." the man sneered.

"But Genin, no matter how strong they are, are no match against me." he hissed. "Well lets find out!" Naruto yelled.

Naruto, Sasuke, and I lunged forward. Naruto threw a punch, and Sasuke kicked, but the man swiftly dodged.

"Up there!" Sauske exclaimed. We all looked up, and saw the man with a crazed look in his eyes.

He swung his umbrella, and an enormous gush of wind forced us into the ground. "Ack!" I yelled.

Then the man pulled out needles, swiftly throwing them at us. I quickly jumped infront of my team, holding my arms out and taking their hits.

"Naruko!" they yelled. I winced as the needles stung my skin and drew some blood.

"Damnit... Needles..." I hissed, slowly pulling them out.

"Needles that deliver a strong poison. No matter how strong you are, you already have one foot in the grave" the man sneered.

I coughed, attempting to stand up, but falling back on my knees.

Then there was the sound of cheering in the backround. We all looked towards the noise.

"The last sound you'll ever hear? The sound of all your plans going up in smoke" he laughed. "Huh" he said, jumping away.

I shivered as the rain drenched my now punctured skin. We all turned to eachother, and I winced at the movement. It seems like the poison is already reacting... Damnit... I thought, feeling dizzier by the minute.

"Naruko, are you alright?" Sasuke asked. I could've sworn I heard worry in the Uchiha's voice. I shook my head, deciding to be honest.

"No... Not really..." I whispered. I saw the worry in my teams eyes. "All of you, take this" Sakura said, handing us some pills.

We nodded and ate them, and Sakura ate one, and also popped one into Idate's mouth.

"Lets go find a warm place to stay" Naruto said. I nodded, and watched as they all stood up.

I tried, but I felt numb. "Hey guys... One problem.." I said. Sasuke looked at me. "What is it?" he asked.

"I can't move" I whispered. "That poison was no joke" I coughed. "I mean, I did take all of your hits... So no wonder it has such an effect" I sighed.

"You shouldn't have done that" Sasuke muttered, picking me up bridal style. Sakura was silently fuming. "Well I wasn't going to let my team suffer" I blushed.

Sasuke rolled his eyes, and we set off to find a nice place to stay.

Timeskip

I leaned against the cave wall, waiting for Idate to wake up. Finally, he opened his eyes. He started sitting up.

"So how are you feeling?" Sakura asked. "Where is he..? What happened to Aoi?" he asked quickly.

"He's gone. So thats his name? Aoi?" Sasuke asked. "He was a sensei I knew back in my Leaf Village days" Idate admitted. I was abit suprised by this.

"After he betrayed the Leaf, he became a Rain jounin..." Idate continued. Then Naruto started yelling, being his loud self.

My head started pounding, and I hissed. "Be quiet..." I groaned. The ounding got louder and stronger, until I couldn't hear a thing.

I clutched my head, feeling dizzy. "Damn poison...." I hissed, before slipping into unconciousness.

Timeskip

When I woke up, I was hanging off the edge of a cliff, and someone was holding onto my waist to prevent me from falling.

"HOLY SHIZ!" I yelped, seeing as I was hanging off a cliff, my only support being the person holding

onto me.

I looked up, and saw Sakura holding Sasuke and I up. She dropped us onto a rock that was juttting out, and stood by us.

"I feel like crap" I groaned, holding my head.

Sakura sighed from beside me, and we waited silently on the cliff. Sakura and I looked up, and saw Naruto and Idate. "Naruto! Idate!" Sakura yelled up at them.

Naruto and Idate climbed onto the bridge rope, cut it, and swung toward the other side. They landed, and I grinned happily. "Nice job guys!!" I yelled, waving with Sakura.

"Sit tight guys!" Naruto yelled down, taking off with Idate.

Timeskip

We were standing before our boat, about to say our goodbyes. Then someone on the ship came up and said "I've come to get the wounded"

I turned around, and saw Ibiki. I automatically grabbed my arm where my scars were, and scowled at the man.

"Big brother!" Idate exclaimed. "Where is the wounded?" Ibiki ignored his brother. "Right here" Naruto pointed to Sasuke. They loaded him onto the boat.

I followed, shoving Ibiki roughly. I really hated that guy. I heard him chuckle as I walked up, and my scowl deepened.

Ibiki turned to board, but Idate yelled "Big brother! Hold on!"

"Who are you? Only one person called me that. And he died 3 years ago" Ibiki said, turning around. There was a long pause.

Idate smiled lightly. Ibiki smirked, walking up the steps. Idate bowed as Ibiki boarded. I couldn't help but smile at their somewhat nice reunion.

Then we set sail, heading back to the Leaf. Finally, headed back home.

----------------------------------------------------------

Boring chapter, I'm sorry >_<

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

~sweetamanda