Remembering the past...

Ok guys, so this chapter might be abit boring ;(

It really has nothing to do with the current situation. It's just about Naruko trying to remember the 'mystery ninja' that she trained with in the past. *coughPervySagecough*

----------------------------------------------------

Naruko's POV

I sat in bed, contemplating on whether or not I should train. It was 8:00 at night, and I had just gotten back from visiting Sasuke.

I sat up, deciding to go to the training grounds, I grabbed the essential things that I would need. My kunais, katana, shuriken, etc.

I walked out the door, heading to the same field that Kakashi-sensei had trained us in about a year ago.

Soon, I arrived, seeing everything the same as I remembered it being.

I approached one of the stumps, and drew a target on it. I stepped back, until I was about 15 feet away from the stump.

I pulled out 5 shuriken, and put them between my fingers. I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes.

The cold wind carressed my face as I relaxed myself, focusing on my training.

I opened my eyes, focusing on the bullseye on my homemade target. I spun around, throwing the shuriken in the process.

When I stopped, I saw 3 shuriken lodged onto the bullseye, 2 straying close to it. I smirked in victory, taking my shuriken back and putting them in my kunai holdster.

Then a random and difficult thought popped into my mind.

Who was that man? I thought. If you don't know who I'm talking about, I'm talking about the ninja that trained me so long ago. I just couldn't remember.

I sat down infront of the stump, and leaned back against it, deep in thought.

I sighed, closing my eyes, trying to dig into my memories.

Nothing came. All I saw was me, as a little kid, training my ass off. The man there was just a shadow. It was like I wasn't supposed to know who this man is.

But why?

That question lingered in my mind. Then I had an idea. I furrowed my brows in concentration.

Kyuumi... I thought.

"What?" she growled in response.

Seems like someones had a bad day... But I have a question...

"Well you would too if you were caged up in some brat. Whats the question?" she grumbled.

Do you possibly know who trained me so many years ago? I asked her.

"Sure do" she replied grumpily.

Really?! Who was it? I asked hopefully.

"Can't tell you"

And why not?! The secrets safe with me!! I groaned.

"I litterally can't tell you. That person placed a seal on my tongue. Can't tell you, seriously. Don't know how he did it, though" Kyuumi answered.

Damnit... I was so close!!! Can you do anything else, that might... possibly... maybe... help me? I pleaded.

"I can trigger a memory. But it might hurt" she said.

Do it. I commanded.

"You sure, kid? It's gonna hurt. ALOT." she stated.

Give me your worst. I snorted.

"Fine. But you asked for it, kid"  she growled.

Suddenly, a ripping pain shot through my mind. It felt as if someone were tearing my brain in half. I held back a scream as the pain intensified, shooting through my bones.

My nerves felt like they were going haywire. I felt numb, yet pained.

"D-Damnit..." I cursed, biting my tongue so I wouldn't scream. "I told you" Kyuumi sneered from within me. Ah, be quiet. I growled back.

The pain abruptly stopped, and I gasped for breath. Then an image flashed in my mind, and it felt as if I were really there.

I saw the little version of me, holding hands with someone. The tiny me and the man holding my hand were turned away from me, and I couldn't see their faces.

But the man had waistlong, bushy white hair, and wore a green outfit with a red vest. They also wore wierd, tall sandals.

No way.... It can't be.....

I thought, my eyes widening. The image dissapeared, leaving me gaping at nothing.

"It's... Pervy sage..." I gasped.

As if on que, a farmiliar voice from behind me said; "You alright, kid?"

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for the shortness of this chapter T_T

I wish it wasn't so short D:

Ah well, I tried. :3 I hope you enjoyed this chappy! I'll upload soon <3

~sweetamanda