The Third Hokage's Funeral ✔

I'm back, mah good friends! This one's kinda a sad chapter :( Sorry if it's short! I'll get to the next part next chapter! AKA finding Tsunade 'n stuff!

-----------------------------------------------------

Naruko's POV

I woke up, staring at an unfamiliar ceiling. It wasn't the hospital, or my apartment. I blinked in confusion and looked around wearily. "Huh?"

"You're awake?" I heard a voice say. I lazily turned in their direction, only to see Sasuke standing in the doorway. I raised an eyebrow. "Why aren't I at my apartment?" I asked, yawning in the process. Uchiha smirked.

"I took you there first, but they said your apartment expired. It's for sale now. They gave me your luggage, and so I took you here. You have nowhere else to stay, right?" He asked. I nodded, surprised.

"Thanks, I suppose." I smiled, getting up.

I saw Sasuke's cheeks turn pink and he looked at me. Well, not my face. I slowly looked down in realization. I was only in my bra and underwear. "Uchiha... Who undressed me?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"Well... Uh... I had to treat your wounds, and I washed your clothes." He said, quickly handing my my clothes. I shrugged off the awkwardness in the room, and struck a pose.

"You know you want me!" I sang.

He blushed brighter, and scampered out of the room. I snickered and got dressed then left the room. I walked into the kitchen, "Ne, Uchiha, what cereal do you have?" I asked lazily. Sasuke sighed.

"Anything you can find. Eat quickly... I don't think you got the news, you were unconcious,"

I tensed. "What news?" I asked slowly. Sasuke turned to me, looking sad.

"The Hokage died." He said after a long pause. My eyes widened.

The old man... Don't tell me Orochimaru killed him... I sniffed,

I quickly ate. "I-I'll get a dress" I said, walking back to my new room. I picked out a nice, formal black dress and put it on, then walked back out to the kitchen.

After a few seconds of silence, I spoke, "Let's meet with the others." I said.

Our walk was silent. We all met in the alley, and it was still quiet. A breeze blew past us, and the sky clouded up. Sakura glared at me once she saw me arrive with Sauske.

I ignored her and sighed, walking ahead and going up the stairs to the roof. All of us stoof ontop of the Hokage's building, lined up and staring at a picture of the 3rd that was resting ontop of his casket. It was silent, with an occasional breeze and the sounds of sobbing. Then it started to rain down on us.

A perfect setting for such a sad day... I thought gloomily. "Even the heavens weep," I heard Asuma say.

The two elders who stood at the front said, "We are gathered here to honor not only the Third, but all those who have sacrificed themselves in this battle."

I turned and looked next to me, and saw Konohamaru crying. I put my hand on his shoulder, and so did Iruka. Konohamaru didn't look up, he just continued weeping. I let go as Iruka knelt down and hugged him. I smiled lightly, but it dissapeared in a flash.

We all lined up, flowers in our hands. One by one, everyone placed their flower on the casket and bid their farewells. When it was my turn, I closed my eyes and prayed to him. Old man, I remember when I first met you. Heh, those were the days. I'll get Orochimaru, and I'll bring him down. He won't hurt this village any longer. Goodbye, old man. We'll miss you. I thought sadly, placing the flower down.

I walked back, just as the rain stopped. "Iruka Sensei, why do they do it? Why do they risk their lives for other people?" Naruto asked.

"Well, when someone passes away, it's the end. His past and future. All the dreams he once had... They dissapear along with him." Iruka said, "This is true. Even if he dies honorably in battle. So many have. As Hayate did. All the ties that bond him to the living are severed. All but the most important one. People. Parents. Siblings. Friends. Lovers. Those who were important to him."

"And these people, the ones left behind, are joined together in a great circle. A circle of friendship, trust, and sacrafice, that grows larger and stronger as time passes. It's hard to explain. We remain in the circle together. We have no choice. It's important to us." Iruka finished.

"Hm. So we do it because we have to. I get it. Sort of. I'm sad he's gone." Naruto said.

"Think of how sad it would be if he died for nothing. But he left us something priceless. Don't worry, you'll understand one day." Kakashi said.

"The rain stopped." I said, smiling. Sasuke, who was standing next to me, looked up. The clouds started to clear away. I smiled, and everyone parted their ways.

"Bye Iruka Sensei!" Naruto and I yelled, running towards our team. I thought life would be back to normal again, but boy was I wrong...

 -------------------------------------------

Boring chappy, I know. I'll update soon though :D

FAN.

VOTE.

COMMENT.