✞Chapter 23✞

Once Ro and I finished making out I walked out of the bathroom, pulling my sweatshirt back on and walking out of my room and into the hall, I saw my dad smiling at me.

"Next time I catch you two I will make you sleep in my room with me." My jaw dropped. "You think I don't know you were in the bath? And that your shirt was off?"

"Daddy? How did you even know? I didn't even make a sound." I mutter, my cheeks turning red.

"Dads know things." Was all he said as he walked out of the room, I turned around to see Roman there, face just as red as mine. I giggled at him and ran away embarrassed, him being Roman, he chased me.

I ran down the stairs into the basement and hid where I always hide when I played hide and seek with my dad when I was younger, under the stairs, behind a large bin. I heard Roman walk passed and I quietly got out of my hiding spot and jumped on his back.

As I jumped on he chuckled loudly and pulled my to the front of him. I smiled and he did too. We stayed in this position just staring at each other until I heard the door open, I jumped off and pretended he was chasing me around the basement and ran behind me dad, I always did this when I played with my mom, dad would come down stairs and I would hide behind him, then mom would tickle dad and dad would move, then mom would tickle me.

We were a really happy family at one point, the kind you would see in picture frames or on movies... We were perfect. Perfect until she ruined it all.

"Are you sure you wanna do this Asher?" My dad asked, pushing me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I muttered, confused as to what he was talking about.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked, soon elaborating on what he said. "Visit your mom."

I just nodded, looking down. Not wanting to say anything. I walked up the stairs leaving them down there and just laid down on the couch, it still smelled like Roman. I breathed in the scent and smiled, wrapping myself in his blankets he used last night. It only took seconds for me to drift off.

------
Romans POV
I start to go toward her as she walks out but her dad stopped me. "You need to watch her today. Her mother is a liar. She says she's fine, she says she's changed but she hasn't and I can't tell her this cos she is willing to give her mother a chance, you, however, are not. So you need to take care of her when the inevitable happens." I nodded at him and continued upstairs.

As I reached the top of the stairs I saw she was on the couch sleeping. She had fallen asleep while we spoke in the basement. I Decided to wake her up knowing she would be upset if I just let her sleep. I slowly and quietly walked up to the couch, smiling down at her, she had the blanket pushed so close to her face that her face was all squished and adorable. I sat down beside her sleeping body and chuckled slightly. I slowly drew my fingers across her face and she furrowed her eyebrows so I stopped at her chin and pulled her face toward me, I softly and sweetly put my lips to hers, she started kissing back and our lips danced in perfect harmony, like a ballerina performing her solo in perfect sync with the slow adagio of the crisp movement.

"What was that for?" She smiled, her sleepy eyes still closed as she stretched her arms and back. I smiled back at her, waiting until she was done stretching to answer her question. Her muscles relaxed.

"You ready to go?" She just gave me a confused look so I added to what I said. "To go see your mother." She groaned but nodded, slowly sitting up and looking around the living room. She closed her eyes and pulled her toes through the carpet, breathing in deeply, obviously having a moment with herself. I just smiled and watched her until she was ready. She opened her eyes and smiled at me, slowly standing up as I did the same. She waved goodbye to her father who I just noticed was standing right behind us.

I feel pretty awkward knowing that her dad saw all of that, but it's whatever. He doesn't seem to care because he smiled at me as I followed Asher out. She got into the car but didn't speak too much. We spoke here and there but mostly I just enjoyed the silence and she just stayed nervous. I reassured her every few minutes that i am her and I'm gonna stay here.

"I love you babygirl." I said slowly and clearly to her, making sure she heard each word through her fear.

"I love you too." She mumbled back to me, I just smiled at her and continued driving. Complete silence soon took over the car and not another word was spoken until I had reached the outskirts of Calgary, her mom doesn't live in the city she is just off, almost outside of Calgary. As we inched closer to her house Asher got more and more nervous. I could hear her heartbeat. I couldn't tell if she was nervous or angry. Her face started to go red and her breaths became quicker. She grabbed onto the arm rest and tears started dripping down her face so I pulled the car over. I wrapped my arms around her small body and pulled her close to me, whispering sweet words into her ear. She continued to let everything out, every tear, every hateful word and every last angry breath. Eventually her breathing slowed and she seemed to be calm. I pulled away and looked directly into her eyes, seeing if she was really okay and she just nodded. I kept driving.